2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been mulling this over for a while and eventually took the plunge. Fitted an Eibach Pro Kit to my otherwise standard (other than bluespark box) civic sport. Only fitted on Friday somno doubt still settling in.

Overall I'm really happy with the look and the ride. If anything possibly a little lower at the front than anticipated. I've noticed that I occasionally catch the wheel arch extensions which protrude from the lower face of the front bumper, not a massive issue.

Ride wise the springs tighten things up massively, much better cornering and also feels better under acceleration and braking.

I'll give it a bit longer and will post an update.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM2hacrKG_3eJJOdXm9fpwstdA6UzxQKpURVVsiR4sxsmgcCVW25FR4_JweZyYjyg?key=QllWYUpBMnBpVHZZTXJGcTJtVmRCWnVpRlAtMjlR

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMpD9IuYysBjRTl2Hcw_p3vdI_yfKaP4xY0FQ1q-1DPXvFBgX6KvqdZwKHJh64rjQ?key=cEFwekdsanFqSFBkT0ZObTEyeHduOTJNWVdNU0xB

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOAaDX4D-emav1E3mQfnHecMMBiPwocDQMdRRWGSCC38IdokxN-C65EC3rOQ4Bs4A?key=eHZpX1JySnVNUDByYWlKNkc5UFRXWGRtdGU0QWxB

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Do you have any pics of what it looked like before as a comparison, also - what drop did you go for in the end?
It looks well :smile3:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry, didn't have the foresight to take any before photos �� The Eibach site states a drop of 25mm front and 20 rear so not huge but that's what I wanted. It's the sharper handling that I was looking for along with a better look without scraping down the road.

Without a doubt it could benefit from some 18's and/or spacers but not sure if I'll go down that route.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks good.
To save you re-installing the old suspension bits for a before photo, here is my standard Sport for comparison.
Cheers Bill, the standard facelift model suspension does seem to sit very high. Mine was pretty much identical to yours in the photo.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
I find it depends on the angle I'm looking from, and how much crap is in the boot - Sometimes it looks low enough, but when empty it does look a little too high - Could fit a log in the arch gaps, let alone a shoe! :p

That said, I already encounter scrapes going over speedbumps / down ramps, so as much as lower would be good, I'm not sure about the practicality!

How do you find potholes etc.? I've found the stock suspension feels rather comfortable and wafty most of the time, though still crashy through bumps - I'm not sure if that's the suspension or just the nature of the pothole!
That said, I do find that it settles down quite nicely, and feels rather firm when pressing on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With regards to ride, as mentioned earlier I've only had the springs installed since Friday but so far my assessment is that the ride comfort isn't that different. The springs are progressive so not crashy at all, no worse than the originals although they do feel firmer and much more controlled. High speed cornering is much improved with way less body roll and much better steering feel and grip.

Shocks wise I'm on originals with 26k miles on the clock. The Eibach springs are apparently designed to work with original shocks although I'm sure that there will be further improvement with a set of Bilsteins fitted.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
That looks really good.
Can I ask where you bought the springs ?
Would you recommend the sellers ?
Tia

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been mulling this over for a while and eventually took the plunge. Fitted an Eibach Pro Kit to my otherwise standard (other than bluespark box) civic sport. Only fitted on Friday somno doubt still settling in.

Overall I'm really happy with the look and the ride. If anything possibly a little lower at the front than anticipated. I've noticed that I occasionally catch the wheel arch extensions which protrude from the lower face of the front bumper, not a massive issue.

Ride wise the springs tighten things up massively, much better cornering and also feels better under acceleration and braking.

I'll give it a bit longer and will post an update.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM2hacrKG_3eJJOdXm9fpwstdA6UzxQKpURVVsiR4sxsmgcCVW25FR4_JweZyYjyg?key=QllWYUpBMnBpVHZZTXJGcTJtVmRCWnVpRlAtMjlR

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMpD9IuYysBjRTl2Hcw_p3vdI_yfKaP4xY0FQ1q-1DPXvFBgX6KvqdZwKHJh64rjQ?key=cEFwekdsanFqSFBkT0ZObTEyeHduOTJNWVdNU0xB

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOAaDX4D-emav1E3mQfnHecMMBiPwocDQMdRRWGSCC38IdokxN-C65EC3rOQ4Bs4A?key=eHZpX1JySnVNUDByYWlKNkc5UFRXWGRtdGU0QWxB
That looks really good.
Can I ask where you bought the springs ?
Would you recommend the sellers ?
Tia

Hi, I bought the springs, had them fitted along with laser alignment at the place linked below. First time I've used them but thoroughly professional and great service.

https://www.revolution247.com/

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Thanks Craig.
I said I was going to leave this civic stock but that was never gonna happen.
It looks really good in white, I wanted one in white but found a decent priced blue locally and just went for it.
Do you have any other plans for it ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Strangely enough I was looking at a blue one too but after much deliberation I went for the white instead. I think that the black wheels and trim look a little bit better on the white.

Had the springs on for a week now and I have to say the results are fantastic, roundabouts are much more fun. As mentioned there is a little bit of occasional rub when going over some speed bumps or up steep ramps in multi storey carparks. It's the small lips that are mounted on the underside of the bumper forward of the front wheels. They look like they can be removed easily but as it's not very often I can live with it.

Mods wise, I actually prefer the OEM look so nothing too much planned. I would probably like 18 inch rims but not sure if I'm prepared to pay the cost associated with doing so. It rides really well on the 17s too. I've got a HID kit which has been in the garage for over a year which needs fitting but that's probably it for me.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Strangely enough I was looking at a blue one too but after much deliberation I went for the white instead. I think that the black wheels and trim look a little bit better on the white.

Had the springs on for a week now and I have to say the results are fantastic, roundabouts are much more fun. As mentioned there is a little bit of occasional rub when going over some speed bumps or up steep ramps in multi storey carparks. It's the small lips that are mounted on the underside of the bumper forward of the front wheels. They look like they can be removed easily but as it's not very often I can live with it.

Mods wise, I actually prefer the OEM look so nothing too much planned. I would probably like 18 inch rims but not sure if I'm prepared to pay the cost associated with doing so. It rides really well on the 17s too. I've got a HID kit which has been in the garage for over a year which needs fitting but that's probably it for me.
I think it looks great as it is mate.
I'm totally with you regarding the OEM route, but the small drop makes a massive improvement

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
The eibachs aren't fitted yet, got them a few weeks back -they're still in the box. I'll get them on in a week or so along with the bilstein b8 dampers i also have sat in boxes lol. Busy family life, work travel, being skint have all prevented me from getting on with this.. :)

Had eibachs on several cars in the past though, they're very good, best springs you can buy i'd say.

ebay seller i used was "ihr-sportauspuff", very good service and cheapest i could find.

Car currently has oem 18" nitrogen wheels, i have some TE37's coming, also 18"s. I'll post some pics when its' done.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Quality choice of rims Rob !
I've always run eibachs previously without issue, so hopefully the same again.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures with these modifications.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 42 Posts