2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few posts on this already but I thought I should share my experience.

I finally managed to purchase and install the Eibach Pro-kit on my pre-facelift 9th gen. Somehow I ordered the kit made for 8th gen and I only realized after the install (Long story as to how that mistake happened). The 8th gen gives a 25mm drop both front and rear. They fit just fine on the 9th gen actually; main difference in specs is that the 9th gen kit is 30mm in front and the axle load rating is 990KG while the 8th is 980KG. The rear axle load is 845KG and 835KG respectively. Personally, I think it is a small difference and I prefer the 25mm instead of 30mm drop in front, so I am keeping them as is.

I took the route of a D.I.Y install because I like to collect new tools (which I had to buy to complete the install) but also I REALLY enjoy working on my own car as much as possible. So I looked at a few different videos on YT to get an idea and started.

The install took much longer than I anticipated (a few days) to complete because I ran into an issue discussed here: Suspension - Help please inner CV joint popped out

That was resolved and I was excited to have learned that lesson. After completing the install, another issue came up. I had a "clunky" sound originating from the front left of the car. I resolved it by tightening the "strut nut" as it was loose and caused the strut mount to move around as I drove over bumps.

While I was in there, I decided to replace my front brake discs and pads. As a result, I have been doing the initial "bedding-in" process, the full process should be completed within 300km. So I haven't had an opportunity to "send it" around bends to get the full experience of the Pro-kit. But I do have some impressions.

The kit is definitely worth it in my opinion. The car's chassis just feels more "solid" yet still comfortable, it feels "sportier". Body roll is definitely reduced and the stance, as others have shown, is much improved.

Some pics below:
Boxed Pro-kit.jpg
Front spring comparison.jpg

FRONT BEFORE
Front stock.jpg

REAR: BEFORE
Rear stock.jpg

WHOLE CAR: AFTER
After the drop.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good write up fella. Mistakes made, but thats part of the DIY experience.
Thanks. True. Fortunately we are under lockdown (not going to work atm) so I could afford to stay without my car (used the Mrs car instead) while I figured out the inner CV issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice write up - what other mods do you have planned?
Thanks. I've been looking at wheels, rear sway bar and a Dastek Unichip (some local guys on the 1.8 have seen some minimal gains). I also want to replace my headunit (for andriod auto & modernize the dash) and speakers.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts