2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going around in circles trying to decide whether to buy these. They are for the EP model but only mention the 1.4 and 1.6 models. Would I have any issues fitting these with regard to insurance / mot if I put them on an ep3?

This wasn't an issue with my Fn2 as the pro kit I had covered the 1.4 1.8 and 2.0

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nor sure about fitment but you should realy inform your insurance if they are of a different spec i.e. lower. However, Greenlight who I am with don't charge for non power mods so you may be ok dependant on who you are with.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm OK for mods insurance. My problem is I don't know if insurance would be invalidated if the springs were classed as not being for the ep3. They will fit because it's the correct model, it's just there is no reference for them to the type r, just the 1.6 and 1.4.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Probably worth double checking; It's most likely due to the extra weight of the K20 on the front axle.

The Eibach pro kit I've just ordered comes in several varieties; 1.4 / 1.8, FK2, 1.6, 2.2 etc. reflecting the differing axle weights of each.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts