2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my latest mod. A nice subtle 30mm drop at front / 29mm at rear. I haven't done any significant driving since the spring change, but the short around town driving that I have done is already noticeable! The stock springs were 'wafty' before, and in my opinion just a bit too high anyway. These new springs feel tighter, obviously a bit lower, but not silly. A firmer ride yet still just as comfortable as before. I would highly recommend anyone with a 9G Civic to do this! Especially if you own the Civic Sport model - as this adds a nice touch to the model, almost like how Honda should have made it at stock...

If anyone is interested, here is a link to pics of the car BEFORE the spring change;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12zvWiDljAvbTieWoS8wR4MAL-oDLmLus

And here is a link of to pics of the car AFTER the spring change;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d9x_GApnCtYzZaO6J3yludWMvZTuKu5z

So, yeah - go on - do it to your's too! This is still a family car for me, despite the apperance from the outside. I'm 100% happy with the outcome already, and I haven't even driven too far yet! Can't wait for an excuse to go drive it some more!

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Just wait for a nice motorway cruise; The feeling of stability at speed is much improved :)

I must say, when I park next to other 9th Gens without lowering springs, I'm always amazed at how much arch is on show. - Looks ridiculous in comparison!

Whilst I'm here, Which splitter is that? :p (I've probably asked in the past :D )

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I've been driving it more now - did a longer run over the weekend and it just feels so right! The stock 9th gen springs are far too soft for the 'sport' model, and sit rather high even if it's a regular 9th gen in my opinion.

The splitters and side skirts are all from Maxton Design btw. They're actually designed for the standard 9g models too, so it's a perfect fit! The only issue with fitting them is having to drill holes in the splitters yourself, and then screwing directly into the car too. It wasn't an easy install for me, but I'm very new to modding cars, so perhaps it's easier for people who do this sort of thing more often...

I'm torn between doing either a engine re-map / Bluespark tuning box for my next mod - but would also like to get some new alloys at +1 size. Having seen other people's cars in this forum, 18" wheels seem to suit the 9g very well. I'm thinking of making the car more 'punchy' first though before changing at the alloys.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Looks great.
The eibachs make a great difference.
I've had mine on for a few months and have a wee drop link knock but these things happen.
18s with a lower offset will help it sit perfect.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Lucas,

Nice looking car!

Some questions:

1.) Is this the product code for the kit E10-40-011-11-22?
2.) Did you change the shock absorbers as well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
correct part number, I've just fitted them to mine, £115 from autodoc at the moment. Shocks don't need replacing.

be aware of what rim offset you have if they aren't standard. I have Type R alloys off an fn2 and they only just go under the rear arches

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
correct part number, I've just fitted them to mine, £115 from autodoc at the moment. Shocks don't need replacing.
I'd agree you don't *need* to do dampers at the same time, but given the effort you're going to, it might make sense to do these at the same time if the car has original equipment and a high mileage. I put bilsteins on mine at the same time as my eibach kit.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Looks way better lowered, much improved, and Eibach is good gear.

That red H badge tho. :crying:[smilie=nope.gif]

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is quite strange that many guys use Eibach kit with stock shocks. I have made my research and in other forums suggest that this combination will wear the shocks much faster.

Anyways, thanks for your comments lads...

My warmest greetings from sunny Athens.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Eibach have designed progressive springs to use the standard shocks, if you have significant miles on your shocks then its nice to replace.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up my 2013 civic yesterday, completely stock - I think a set of eibach springs are going to be my 1st modification, the ride height just looks so much better, also I do a-lot of motorway miles so having that "stability at speed" feeling will be much appreciated.

Undecided if I should change the shocks as well, 43K on them currently [smilie=confuzzled.:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Personally I would change the shocks too at that mileage. 43k is nothing really but given that you will probably need to change them in the next couple of years then it may be a wise decision. All depends on how long you plan to keep the car for.

I'm on eibach springs and they are great. On about 35k miles ATM and thinking of going for Bilstein B8 next year.

Rob.e what Bilstein setup did you go for?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Rob.e what Bilstein setup did you go for?
B8 on the front. Rears i have new OEM sachs CDC so i can still adjust the damping from the button on the dash.
How do you find the B8 setup? Also how did you get on insurance wise, I think you are using the same insurance company as I am (Direct Line?).

With the B8 shocks being yellow they aren't a covert modification ?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
How do you find the B8 setup? Also how did you get on insurance wise, I think you are using the same insurance company as I am (Direct Line?).

With the B8 shocks being yellow they aren't a covert modification ?
Ride is firmer than stock, but very nicely damped and still very comfy. I've got a mk6 golf GTI edition 35 also on my drive at the moment, completely stock car with the factory 19" wheels - the civic on eibach/b8's is a more comfortable car than that.

With the firmer front end, i'm finding i mostly use "N" normal or "D" dynamic setting for the rear sachs. The comfort setting is a bit too soft in comparison with the b8s on the front. N is my usual setting, D works well when you have a fully loaded car.

Insurance not an issue - they wanted to know about the lowering (eibachs) and i paid a bit more for that but they weren't bothered by a change in dampers.

Although yes, yellow when fitted, they're pretty much fully black now with road grime :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So do you need camber bolts after installing Eibachs? if so, what size?
I didn't do the work myself - took the car to my local garage. However I can say that all I needed to purchase was the springs themselves. Eibach claim that their springs will work alongside all other stock suspension parts, and I can confirm this was the case for me - had them on 8 months now. It's basically a straight swap of the springs all round and you're good to go! Well worth it! Car handling (even when going relatively slow) is so much better! I have a lot more trust in the car sticking to the road compared to before, and the steering just feels more direct too somehow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts