2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now we own a FN2 I know what people mean about "Crashy" suspension so over the year I have seen loads of comments on Eibach springs but have a few questions I would like answered by people who have them fitted.

1. I don't care about lowering the car but do these improve the ride quality (not handling) for example gives the car a smoother ride?

2. Any problems I might have if these were to be fitted?

3. Anything else that people do to help this situation?

4. Best place to go to buy springs and fitted + likely costs? Hoping Paul at TDI North may read this and possible if its done at TDI for 4 wheel laser alignment after but don't really care for FRS as I suspect this will also reduce tyre life but then again I might be corrected here?

Thanks for you help in advance ;)

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Got the -15mm, no probs with speed bumps but watch high kerbs.

Def get 4 wheel laser alignment and cambr bolts/FRS, i did and have had no problem of uneven tyre wear/ shortened life, but it has totally transformed the way the car handles, let the suspension settle for a couple of weeks before doing FRS and camber bolts as i noticed a very noticable difference in height over the first fortnight from fitting springs.

hope this helps, all my own experience.

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Def get 4 wheel laser alignment and cambr bolts/FRS, i did and have had no problem of uneven tyre wear/ shortened life, but it has totally transformed the way the car handles, let the suspension settle for a couple of weeks before doing FRS and camber bolts as i noticed a very noticable difference in height over the first fortnight from fitting springs.

But most important here is how does the car drive as I am looking at making this a little softer over the bumps

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
But most important here is how does the car drive as I am looking at making this a little softer over the bumps

Def softer over the bumps, not as harsh and crashy as OEM, the wife will forgive you for buying an FN2 if you get them fitted lol;)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Yep, the Eibach 15mms definitely improve the ride comfort. It's still a stiff ride mind, just doesn't jar your jaw off its hinges when you find a pothole! I had a FRS done at the same time so can't confirm whether the springs on their own improve handling but I really encourage you to get the camber bolts and the FRS done; your car will feel like a different animal with it set up.

Hope this helps matey :)
Paul

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

Totally agree. Speed bumps aren't an issue if respected but kerbs are LETHAL. Took my GP splitter off trying a 3 point turn on a particularly nasty old kerb :(

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I have had mine fitted since august. Never bothered with alignment of frs as the car tracked perfect.

The springs do help but don't expect a miracle, the car feels firmer on the road but it doesn't have the crashy feeling. I find the biggest difference is on motorways or dual carriage ways.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Be aware the Eibach springs give the car a nose down look because they lower the car 15mm at the front and just 5mm at the back. Whilst this may look good I don't think it helps with the scraping. Also I bet it mucks up the aero dynamics as well. Teins are an alternative to the Eibach springs.

But they do make the ride more tolerable around town.

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be aware the Eibach springs give the car a nose down look because they lower the car 15mm at the front and just 5mm at the back. Whilst this may look good I don't think it helps with the scraping. Also I bet it mucks up the aero dynamics as well. Teins are an alternative to the Eibach springs.

But they do make the ride more tolerable around town.

you mention Teins? are these better and are these oem ride height?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Teins are a direct alternative I think, but the difference is they lower the rear of the car 20mm and the front 15mm so when you are sat in the car it's a more level ride. This may help prevent some scraping but don't quote me on that as I've never tried them.

I would like to try Teins at some point.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Mate, do fit the standard Eibachs - 15mm drop on a CTR - 25mm drop on all other models - you won't regret it

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I have had mine fitted since august. Never bothered with alignment of frs as the car tracked perfect.

The springs do help but don't expect a miracle, the car feels firmer on the road but it doesn't have the crashy feeling. I find the biggest difference is on motorways or dual carriage ways.
I'd echo these comments. The springs make the car feel slightly more planted. The crashiness is still their but the car doesn't hop as much. If you run into a series of potholes though you will feel them.

·
9,228 Posts
Rick if your still going karting next Sunday you can have a run out in mine. I've got the eibachs on. Help you decide.;)
I'd echo these comments. The springs make the car feel slightly more planted. The crashiness is still their but the car doesn't hop as much. If you run into a series of potholes though you will feel them.
Actually, I can't comment on the Eibachs alone, as I had Koni FSD shocks fitted at the same time

But, all those who have Eibachs only, sing their praises - and I went with the recommendation from [ABP Motorsport]

NIL crashiness - just solid and stable (but firm) ride and handling.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Actually, I can't comment on the Eibachs alone, as I had Koni FSD shocks fitted at the same time

But, all those who have Eibachs only, sing their praises - and I went with the recommendation from [ABP Motorsport]

NIL crashiness - just solid and stable (but firm) ride and handling.
Konis must help quite a lot. The car still crashes over poor surfaces though it is better than stock.

·
9,228 Posts
Konis must help quite a lot. The car still crashes over poor surfaces though it is better than stock.
All I know is the the combination is seriously impressive - earlier this year, on the way to Civinfo 'meet' in Trondheim (1000 Km North from me) I encountered a "Road train" (truck and draw-bar trailer) coming the other way on a hard tight bend ...

About 3 feet of road left on my side - I 'flicked' the Civic partially onto the verge (sloping down into a HUGE ditch) - it was just a 'point and shoot' thing - no issues whatsoever - rear inside corner was down by over a foot, yet it just drove as I wanted - note that I also had just fitted Continental Sport Contact 3 Tyres, which are seriously good when it comes to lateral grip ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.