2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
I took delivery of my Alabaster Silver 1.8 ES Civic about a fortnight ago.

It was all a bit unexpected as I wasn't considering changing my old Astra until later in the year. I was just checking out a few cars, building up a shortlist, when my mate (a previous model Type R owner) suggested a trip to the Honda dealer to look at a Civic. I'd seen a few on the road from a distance and wasn't entirely convinced by the back end but took a look anyway. Normally my head rules my heart when I buy cars but I sat in the driver's seat and fell in love with it straight away. A quick test drive confirmed this (even the wife liked it). There was the usual end of registration month deals to be had, so I went for one. Better still, my head is just as chuffed as my heart.

I've read some of the negative points - rear view, ride, back end, etc but these seem quite minor to me. I love the interior / exterior design (the back end grows on you), its handling and the iVTEC engine. It's a lot of fun for such a practical car - I smile from ear to ear every time I take it out for a drive (any excuse will do).

My only regret now is that maybe I should have got a Type R :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello EL TEL your story sounds like mine 9 months ago but I traded a Megane, and the smile is still there :) enjoy the forum

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
Welcome El Tel I find it hard how anyone can not fall for the interior of the civic I liked the exterior but for me the interior sold it especially the dash area

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Welcome El Tel, I know exactly where you are coming from. Was exactly the same, not to keen on the looks to start with but one look inside and a test drive later, sold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum, and greetings to Basi....( I used to live there... Brighton Hill...)
I'm just up the road in Hatch Warren.

You managed to find your way out of the ring road then? ;) Just think of all the fun you could be having in your Civic Sport going round all the roundabouts! Basingstoke has just become a whole new experience :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome El Tel I find it hard how anyone can not fall for the interior of the civic I liked the exterior but for me the interior sold it especially the dash area
Yes, I agree - I always wanted my own X-Wing fighter ever since I first saw Star Wars!!! Just waiting for the laser cannons to come up in the mods section and I'll be there. :D

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome El Tel, I know exactly where you are coming from. Was exactly the same, ...... one look inside and a test drive later, sold.
Same story for me too. Wasn't seriously thinking of changing the RAV 4 I had but I'd seen a few civvies around, went to the dealers, test drove there and then and my mind was made up. All thoughts of perhaps getting another Focus or a Golf (sorry for these 'swear' words!!) vanished. Bought a demo and was driving it inside of two weeks.

Great colour by the way!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm just up the road in Hatch Warren.

You managed to find your way out of the ring road then? ;) Just think of all the fun you could be having in your Civic Sport going round all the roundabouts! Basingstoke has just become a whole new experience :rolleyes:
LOL.. yeppa .. even more fun with the steering wheel on the wrong side...;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts