2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

When i have the lights in AUTO mode it doesn't turn the lights on when it is clear en light outside. But in that mode the lights do turn off when you take the key out of the ignition.
Is there a possibilty to have the lights always on in the AUTO mode? (Without covering the light sensor)
I have a 2007 Honda Civic Hatchback.

Cheers,
Redmer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the lights do come on then. But i want my lights always on, my previous car had automatic always on lights.. so i left the lights in the on position and when i took the key out of the ignition the lights turned off.
I think it is safer to always drive with the lights on. When it gets foggy for example or rain then the lights won't turn on

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Easier option - cover the sensor so it always thinks it is dark?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Yeah, what grayfox said.

The "auto" function means they come on automatically when needed.

I often find mine come on during the drive to work, even though it's quite light.

If you want to force them on, then just turn them on yourself instead of using the auto feature to choose for you?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I don't think there's a way to do this easily - you'd have to basically fool the system into thinking the sensor was saying it was dark.
The easiest way really is to block the sensor itself, is there any reason why you don't want to do it this way?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts