2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Is there anyway to have the electric wing mirror automatically fold in when you take the key out of ignition? I know this happens on other cars but not the civic? I cant believe you have to press the button every time!

I dont want to break into the wiring or anythign to achieve this. I just wanna know if its a button that i am not pressing!

Cheers

Robbie

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
no the only way to do it is with modifications to wiring etc which has been done by members on here.

·
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I have made this box up and it works on a DC source. I have gone off the idea of fitting to my car. scard really! hehe!

I just wanted to know if there was a button press i was missing or something?
I know thats the problem!
It's a brilliant idea and a brilliant solution but when it comes to cutting wires all I can think about is invalidating the warranty:(

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Is it that hard to press a button? I've only ever used mine once to make sure they work.

·
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it that hard to press a button? I've only ever used mine once to make sure they work.

Not the point. I just think it would be a cool feature for the mirrors to fold in automatically, god knows vauxhall and other cars do it!!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I use mine all the time without fail! Anything to minimise the risk of having to fork out a few hundread quid for a new mirror is well worth it IMO. Not only when parking but quite often on narrow lanes when a meet another car/tractor, plus it adds to the spaceship effect [smilie=tongue.gif]

·
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use mine all the time without fail! Anything to minimise the risk of having to fork out a few hundread quid for a new mirror is well worth it IMO. Not only when parking but quite often on narrow lanes when a meet another car/tractor, plus it adds to the spaceship effect [smilie=tongue.gif]
It looks cool too;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a top tip. Ok, you can't have them turn in automatically, but if you press the button again when the engine is off, when you come to switch on again, they'll fold out automatically. Magic! (They do on the Hybrid anyway because it's like a toggle switch)

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
I have a top tip. Ok, you can't have them turn in automatically, but if you press the button again when the engine is off, when you come to switch on again, they'll fold out automatically. Magic! (They do on the Hybrid anyway because it's like a toggle switch)
It is the same operation on the 3/5 door Civic.

It also saves you driving away with the mirrors still folded :D

·
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh i started doing this. But it still relys on u pressing a button. I just assumed it was automatic, not a biggie really...

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
I find this situation pretty simple...Here's what i do...

1) Turn off the enigine
2) Get out and lock the doors... remember...
3) Unlock the doors and get back in
4) Turn on the ignition and press the mirror fold buton
5) Spend half an hour trying to look over my shoulder as to not open the door into oncoming traffic as i can't use the mirror.
6) Repeat Step 2.
Only Honda could bring us this kind of fun! ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
One of my mirrors folds too far and is scuffing the black plastic by the window, guess it needs to go to the dealer? Nothing I can change myself?

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
I find this situation pretty simple...Here's what i do...

1) Turn off the enigine
2) Get out and lock the doors... remember...
3) Unlock the doors and get back in
4) Turn on the ignition and press the mirror fold buton
5) Spend half an hour trying to look over my shoulder as to not open the door into oncoming traffic as i can't use the mirror.
6) Repeat Step 2.
Only Honda could bring us this kind of fun! ;)
lol so true

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
i got mine to fold on the ignition, i fitted the box, but you end up with the same problem, ignition off mirrors fold in and you cannot see whats behind. it much better with the central locking and ive put a switch on mine so they dont have to fold in all the time if i dont want them to. it is an easy mod and as long as you follow the diagram for the wiring it all works spot on. if you can make the circuit then you can fit it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i use mine when going through a width restriction, dont need to slow down as much as a bit more space just in case

1 - 20 of 27 Posts