2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just realised my drivers side electric folding mirror is broke! It retracts so far and then just stops.

Has anyone else had any problems?

I'm guessing it wont be a cheap fix either

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
Mine is the same. It stops half way but if I turn the ignition off then on again it moves a bit more. Do it 10 times and it eventually folds in. Just another fault on the piece of crap that is my Civic. Never, ever again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine does exactly the same, driver side, turn ignition off and on goes a bit further, one last time and its usually home, bit of a wierd one?? am having some second thoughts on mine, although still enjoy driving it, and my better half loves it..

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
You need a new mirror. People have had this fault before quite a few times. I have it just now. Bought a new wing mirror a while back but not had a chance to fit yet....!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
You need a new mirror. People have had this fault before quite a few times. I have it just now. Bought a new wing mirror a while back but not had a chance to fit yet....!
+1

I think it's a sign that the motors on it's way out. Unfortunatly, I don't think the motor can be replaced seperately.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'm sure someone reported on here its just a relay and it can be replaced for around £30.

You need to do a search of the threads.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the same. It stops half way but if I turn the ignition off then on again it moves a bit more. Do it 10 times and it eventually folds in. Just another fault on the piece of crap that is my Civic. Never, ever again!
Thats exactly what mine is going.

Got in it this morning and it worked and folded all the way.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Thats exactly what mine is going.

Got in it this morning and it worked and folded all the way.
I have a same problem with my passenger mirror. I've already replaced a drivers side mirror for the same reason last year, but I will rather change a relay if possible to have it working properly again.

Sometimes it works sometimes it'll stuck in the middle.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I have the same issue. on the drivers side.

the passanger side is fine...

folds up 60% of the way depending on gravity pulling it down - if its folding down to earth then it will fold about 90%.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Mine has just been into Honda today and had the drivers side motor replaced under warrenty thankfully, I also had 2 new rear shock absorbers too!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried my mirrors again today and although the drivers side is slower, it does now fold all the way - that was after I squirted some WD40 in it.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
My passenger side mirror is broken, it moves ever so slightly after the button is pushed. The indicator in the wing mirror has also stopped working.
I took it into Honda on Friday and they quoted me £277 to fit a new one. I have an after market warranty, Honda are going to ring them to confirm that the part is covered.......fingers crossed!

·
3,295 Posts
Tried my mirrors again today and although the drivers side is slower, it does now fold all the way - that was after I squirted some WD40 in it.
Where did you actually squirt the WD?

·
3,295 Posts
Just in the joint between the door and the mirror
Cool might try that. I might be p/ex soon so i just want it to work for 5 minutes haha

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
R555 did you fix this? has anyone bought that part (black box with little wires coming out of it?> anyone got instructions?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Well, for me after ordering the part I squirted WD40 into the join, they work now no problems so far. The part I didnt use has been sent back to Lings for a refund.:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts