2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently bought a 57 plate ES. It had a few minor niggles one being a problem with the drivers side mirror won't auto fold.

I clipped the plastic cover off to repair it and I've found the fault to be what looks like some sort of regulator or sensor thats wired inline between the power and motor. Its a small black box about 3cm x 2cm x 2cm that can be disconnected.

I swapped it with the same part on the passenger mirror and hey presto driver mirror now works but passenger doesn't anymore so I'm pretty sure this is the culprit.

Anyone know how to get a hold of a replacement part or have a part no for this?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have exactly the same problem needing the same part you require, I have been looking around on here also cant seem to locate the part the dealers will only sell the complete wing mirror unit. Will be interesting to see whether anyone can Help ??

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Can you take a picture of the part mate? Has it got any writing or numbers on it?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I phoned my local Honda dealer yesterday for the exact same problem. They've ordered the regulator for me and it should be in tomorrow hopefully. Ill post up the part number on the invoice if you like.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Hi Yes please could you list the part no (and price if possible) I think it might save a lot of people alot of money! Thanks

·
3,295 Posts
Yeh the price will be very interesting!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK rang my dealer today, At first they tried to sell me the complete wing mirror unit saying that you cant get the regulator individually. After telling them you can and being on the phone for a while. He found the part, the part number is: 76215SMGE31, Price was £63 + VAT.

Hope this Helps.

·
3,295 Posts
OK rang my dealer today, At first they tried to sell me the complete wing mirror unit saying that you cant get the regulator individually. After telling them you can and being on the phone for a while. He found the part, the part number is: 76215SMGE31, Price was £63 + VAT.

Hope this Helps.
So thats £76 then... rip off!!!!!!!!!! I bet the part costs pennies...

·
Type S GT Driver, LOVE IT
384 Posts
Il give mine to a sparky I know, see if he can sort it out or make a replacement and hopefully will be cheaper!! Il keep you updated on that 1

·
384 Posts
Whats the part that kingkong999 listed then?

Il be happier paying the price you got speedsquirrel!! Can u post up a pic of the part so we can all be sure were talking about the same bit?

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, thats a bit strange what part did I get quoted for then ?, This is the small black regulator box ?, I will have to get back onto the phone to my dealer. I can live with that not paying £60+ for something like that especially if its the wrong part. :confused:

Yh a picture would be great !!.

·
384 Posts
Well that's the bit I was thinking about so that's good. Will have to go see them at weekend. Cheers for pics

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Guys,

I just ordered mine £31.43 (inc VAT) and £7 for a touch pen. So my Civic will be all fixed by next week :)

Just need to sound deaden the doors now....

David

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All just to close this one out I can confirm the part no speedsquirel posted is the correct one and fixed the issue a treat. Well worth £30 :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts