2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2012 Civic 2,2 . About a week ago my display began acting weird showing the backseat passengers to fasten their seatbelts even if noone are in the backseat. Also other things in the display started flashing, like temperature, trip meter and clock. In the shop they told me that they have to change all the seatbeltlocks in the back, but they couldn´t tell me if that would fix the other flashing numbers on the display. Has anyone else had this problem? The backseat has been used about 10 times in 4 years and now all the locks are worn out???:surprise:

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I don't think the rear seatbelts have switches on. On my 2016 Civic if you open a back door it thinks someone has got in and asks them to put on seatbelts even when they are not there. The warning can be cancelled and goes away. Does your civic appear to have any wiring to the rear seat belt locks ? Perhaps its what we call a 'Red Herring' .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the rear seatbelts have switches on. On my 2016 Civic if you open a back door it thinks someone has got in and asks them to put on seatbelts even when they are not there. The warning can be cancelled and goes away. Does your civic appear to have any wiring to the rear seat belt locks ? Perhaps its what we call a 'Red Herring' .
I can cancel the warning on the steeringwheel but it returns after ca 5 sec. They showed me at the shop that there are some wiring to the beltlocks, They told me that there are for belt tensioners in case of an accident Shouldn´t there be some sensors for belts in the seats. not the beltlocks? But maybe they are in the wiring to the seatlocks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts