2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so the front windows decided to give up the ghost last night, suggested firstly by the switches usual green glow disappearing. After stopping and checking all the fuses, and disconnecting the battery for ten minutes, no luck was had.

Driving home at 70mph in january with the window right down is not reccomended, brrrr!!!

After the old 'black bag and parcel tape' replacement window for the night, I took the car into my local dealership this morning, and to cut a long one short the problem, as described by the service foreman was 'a fault with the MICU wiring'.

So if you are unfortunate enough for this to happen to your civic, this may well be the cause.
:popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
My passenger window won't open/close at the moment. I assumed it was a blown fuse due to me trying to open it during the freezing weather.
I checked all my window related fuses, all were in tact. So im guessing this may be the problem i have....

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
My passenger window won't open/close at the moment. I assumed it was a blown fuse due to me trying to open it during the freezing weather.
I checked all my window related fuses, all were in tact. So im guessing this may be the problem i have....
Had you checked the passenger window disable switch (on drivers side) isn't accidentally on?

also for any other common window faults there's a window reset procedure here Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki although granted it might not work if the window won't move at all but worth knowing.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
also for any other common window faults there's a window reset procedure here Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki although granted it won't work if the window won't move at all but worth knowing.
When I got my car back from the accident repairers my passenger window didn't work. I thought they hadn't connected the motor as it didn't work at all.
I followed the reset procedure and that sorted the problem. So the reset does work with windows that don't move at all.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
When I got my car back from the accident repairers my passenger window didn't work. I thought they hadn't connected the motor as it didn't work at all.
I followed the reset procedure and that sorted the problem. So the reset does work with windows that don't move at all.
@padster - Ah okay happy days then :D

@lufc_lad - may as well give the reset procedure a go ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts