2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all :)

I have a 2006 honda cvic ex, but recently my drivers side electric wing mirror
is'nt moving right the way in, but moves back out okay and in some cases does'nt move at all:confused: is there a guide how to either fix or take apart the mirror to see the motor... or am I looking at something which needs full replacement?

I have came across various other posts with similar issues but not really a guide on how to take apart the mirror to see whats going on, do I have to completely remove the whole unit or is there another method??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
aver if it serves

1 open mirrors
2 that this contorted put his hand till the top as if folding
3 we contact 3 or 5 seconds and removed, so that we do 3 times
the important thing is that NOT make the engine noise of the mirror because if it does is that it is broken
4 we contact you give to the button again to close the mirror once you get up is wrong will make a noise like that means that CLONG taken his position and a stored
5 and finally we give to open and must be in place and we have memorized the mirror

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried what u said but no movement or noise from the motor... again can anyone give me a guide on how to take apart the mirror or remove it?

I now have to move it in and out myself now :( need a fix ....anyone???

There is a guide on here but only for taking one of which has been either broken off or damaged .. but no guide how to take one appart..

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Mines is in today at Honda for them to look at the same problem, I have a warranty however - it sounds like something has worn such as a bush or sleeve as the motor still manages to push the mirror in, but at a slower rate. The motor stops applying effort when a certain amount of force is detected (current drawn) which can either be:

mirror at fully open/closed position

or

mirror given up mid-way

If Honda give me any specific feedback on what has failed/worn out, I will post on here :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
got same problem with one miror... It folds hardly... Actualy I have to help it to fold. Looks like motor is tired or something like that. When I easily push it forwards it folds, and unfolds withuout any help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys... Im way out of warranty :( everytime I go to get the tools and attempt to open and see whats going on, the heavens open ....

But still would love someone to post a guide or direct me to a guide on how to take apart the mirror itself....

So its pretty much a common issue....

·
Registered
234 Posts
the mirror it self pulls out easily. and the plastic back is fixed on plastic clips which can be uncliped after pulling out the mirror :)

All in all still cant find any solution what to do with my wing mirror :/

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi there

Did you ever get this sorted?

I've just bought a 2006 EX and have a similar issue, the driver's side wing mirror doesn't fold all the way in and sounds a bit nackered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts