2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya chaps and chapesses...

There seems to be a problem with my nearside wing mirror. When I press the button to fold the wing mirrors in, the offside one folds in fine, but the nearside one stops about 20-25% in, so effectively isn't folding in much at all.

When the button is pressed to fold them back out again, it returns back to the normal position.

Is it likely to be the motor, or is it possibly getting 'stuck' somehow? Has anyone had this problem before?

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Most likely a fault with the motor... the same has happened to my nearside, now it has completely stopped working... booked in @ honda for warranty job.

Try greasing (WD40 or something) and see if it helps...

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
My nearside one has also died a death!
I received my warranty documents this week so I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before I put it in to be repaired.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Hope your cars in warrenty mate, Honda charge an arm and a leg for the wing mirror motors :(

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
It won't be just a motor, they sell the whole mirrror assembly. I had my drivers side done when I got my car. Part was about £150 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a huge deal as I don't really fold my wing mirrors in, but it'd be nice to have working and it bugs me having something niggly like that on the car!

I'll give the WD40 a go before I chance it with Honda!!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
My drivers side mirror is currently suffering a similar problem, booked in for next week to have some part or other in the mirror assembly replaced, which they have recognised as the faulty part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you let me know the outcome of that? I'm going to try a can of WD40 but failing that Honda will be taking a few quid off me I suspect...

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
If you do have to fork out cash then check eBay. Bought nearside mirror this week for £95 (same symptoms as yours). Came next day and fitted within half hour thanks to "how to" on this forum. Really happy. Mirror now folds as it should.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Can you let me know the outcome of that? I'm going to try a can of WD40 but failing that Honda will be taking a few quid off me I suspect...
they told me on the phone there is a 'regulator' of sorts which overheats and requires replacing with an updated part, so not the motor as such. Will post when the work is done!

·
Registered
2 Posts
stick the little selector button to the middle. Ie NOT selected to adjust any mirror.
They should both fold in .

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
they told me on the phone there is a 'regulator' of sorts which overheats and requires replacing with an updated part, so not the motor as such. Will post when the work is done!
You don't happen to have the part number of the "regulator"?

Did your mirror still move a little or was it totally dead?
Mine moves a few millimetres, then stops.

Booked in in a few weeks time.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
My car is exactly the same, both mirrors only fold in half a centimeter....

Spoke to the dealer, they told me that they can fix without replacing the mirror but the part they need is £75 for each side.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Pleasant surprise at the dealers

Good News folks,
Been to the dealers today, managed to get 2 x replacement motor for my mirrors for £65 inc vat.

They also provided me with detailed fitting instructions.

They told me off the record to contact honda head office to complain about the mirrors and I would probably get a refund for the parts.

Will be fitting them tomorrow, Will let you know how I get on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts