1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
I installed them in the 5-door but I was not impressed at all.
First I tested them by hanging the metal strip between two poles. Worked perfect! First alarm at about 60cm, continuous beep at 15-20cm.
Then I sticked it with some tape to the outside of the civic. It only started to warn at 15 cm, and continuous beep at 5 cm! The manual said that an additional strip could help, so I put a piece of wire with tape together with the original strip: hardly any improvement.
I decided to mount it anyway since I had bought it, but it was a disappointment all together. For example when raining, or with a wet car the thing goes mad. It reacts acceptable to some materials, and way to late on other materials. I really couldn't trust it so I took it off.
I think if it really worked well you would find it as an OEM option on many cars, but everyone still uses the parking pimples. Must have a reason...

K.

Reactions: Mister B

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed them in the 5-door but I was not impressed at all.
First I tested them by hanging the metal strip between two poles. Worked perfect! First alarm at about 60cm, continuous beep at 15-20cm.
Then I sticked it with some tape to the outside of the civic. It only started to warn at 15 cm, and continuous beep at 5 cm! The manual said that an additional strip could help, so I put a piece of wire with tape together with the original strip: hardly any improvement.
I decided to mount it anyway since I had bought it, but it was a disappointment all together. For example when raining, or with a wet car the thing goes mad. It reacts acceptable to some materials, and way to late on other materials. I really couldn't trust it so I took it off.
I think if it really worked well you would find it as an OEM option on many cars, but everyone still uses the parking pimples. Must have a reason...

K.
Just what I was looking for, Thanks Koen.
I don't think I will bother now.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
I am having parking sensors fitted today. £85.00 mobile fitter coming to my work. i will post pictures and some info when done this evening if you wish

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I have fitted the electromagnetic parking sensors, they were pants.
Ended up removing them and fitting the button type, cost about £30 and work fine :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts