2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you all know just took out a policy with Elephant. £165 cheaper than Greenlight all mods declared.
They must have an offer on or something as they have always been expensive in the past where mods are concerned.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Elephant/Admiral/Bell is the same company

They are the biggest insurer in the UK at present and they do offer very, very competitive prices!... Your right though, usually they are expensive with MODS :)... good catch!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Make sure that your mods are COVERED - you'll sometimes find that although you'll be insured with them declared, they won't be covered should you need to claim...

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Make sure that your mods are COVERED - you'll sometimes find that although you'll be insured with them declared, they won't be covered should you need to claim...
+1 - A lot of companies will not replace your mods like for like, I'm with Adrian Flux who do cover mods for mods..

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I just insured with elephant last week they are suprisingly cheap. Am paying £700 age 21 and with 6 points i was suprised at the price it was too good to be true at first.

Sent From iPhone 4s

·
Registered
432 Posts
Elephant were the cheapest for me this year too, cheaper than Admiral, Bell which I always find strange but also cheaper than the usual people I renew with Sky and Adrian Flux

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
same been with them for a few years, every renewal i have to compare it to there online price but works out to £420 with all my mods .chriss knott was like £600 mark so very far off the mark

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Just insured my car with admiral today. £926 with mods declared, thats a really good price considering im only 22 :D Happy days!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am with admiral and I'm hoping mines going to be £800ish next month. I'm 20 with afew years NBC but have the 2.2 diesel.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Enquiried to Elephant about adding a remap to my policy i.e 0-10% BHP increase (I only have an HKS RSK) and they said it would be an extra £35 to my policy.

Is this about right? I would get a remap using flashpro and with my only mod it wouldnt be any more than the 10%, just smoother and a tad more responsive.

Is it worth while?

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Enquiried to Elephant about adding a remap to my policy i.e 0-10% BHP increase (I only have an HKS RSK) and they said it would be an extra £35 to my policy.

Is this about right? I would get a remap using flashpro and with my only mod it wouldnt be any more than the 10%, just smoother and a tad more responsive.

Is it worth while?
£35 is nothing. Its probably just the admin charge with no affect on your premium!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Is it worth while?
35 a year?

Sent from my 4.2.1 Jellybean Galaxy Nexus

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just remap and don't say anything. As far as your concerned its the intake that's given the power boost which it has.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Admiral were expensive for me and I have 24 years NCB and no points. Aviva FC Protected at £225.

Admiral were also (how shall I put it.........less than "good") when dealing with a none fault claim 3 years ago.

Be warned - cheapest is not best. Far from it.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Elephant will also penalise you for non-fault claims.

Until a couple of years ago I was a reasonably happy long-term Elephant customer. For my location of outer London, they had consistently been amongst the most competitive quotes.

Another driver went into the back of my Civic at low speed, causing minor damage. My premium went up from around £400 to over £600, despite it being a non-fault claim and me not having any fault claims in 16+ years of driving. I went elsewhere for insurance and have not been back.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Elephant will also penalise you for non-fault claims.

Until a couple of years ago I was a reasonably happy long-term Elephant customer. For my location of outer London, they had consistently been amongst the most competitive quotes.

Another driver went into the back of my Civic at low speed, causing minor damage. My premium went up from around £400 to over £600, despite it being a non-fault claim and me not having any fault claims in 16+ years of driving. I went elsewhere for insurance and have not been back.
I thought all insurance companies do this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts