·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys my eml light came on last week and i got codes to do with

cat low efficiently
intake high voltage
maf sensor below voltage

I took my car to the garage and they reset the codes and told me the car hasn't been driven as it should in a while and i'd need to go on a motorway run to unclog the system.

3 days later the eml is back on.. any ideas? thank you

UPDATE: decided to check if air filter needed cleaning, opened air filter box and nothing inside! no air filter

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
try a garage that knows what they are talking about.
may cost you a visit to the nearest Honda dealer

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
hi guys my eml light came on last week and i got codes to do with

cat low efficiently
intake high voltage
maf sensor below voltage

I took my car to the garage and they reset the codes and told me the car hasn't been driven as it should in a while and i'd need to go on a motorway run to unclog the system.

3 days later the eml is back on.. any ideas? thank you

UPDATE: decided to check if air filter needed cleaning, opened air filter box and nothing inside! no air filter
FFS no wonder!

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
I have an HKS panel filter in the FN2 which is dry foam and just needs a wash out every year.
You can get one for the 1.8 8G from Hendy eshop but I can't remember the part no.

Anyway k&N are just as good until you have to clean & oil them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an HKS panel filter in the FN2 which is dry foam and just needs a wash out every year.
You can get one for the 1.8 8G from Hendy eshop but I can't remember the part no.

Anyway k&N are just as good until you have to clean & oil them.
with the air filter in, would I need to just reset the codes now and see if eml comes on again?

Here is hoping the garage doesn't want to charge a diagnostic price for resetting codes

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
yes, the codes won't go away by themselves.
if you don't have a reader to do it then you'll have to pay somebody.

BUT I would go back to those prats at your garage and explain that with no filter it's going to throw an effing code and get them to reset it for free.

if codes come back then you will still have a problem that the filter doesn't solve, so £££s

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, the codes won't go away by themselves.
if you don't have a reader to do it then you'll have to pay somebody.

BUT I would go back to those prats at your garage and explain that with no filter it's going to throw an effing code and get them to reset it for free.

if codes come back then you will still have a problem that the filter doesn't solve, so £££s
okay thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: SO i installed new air filter and took car to a different garage, they diagnosed code p0420 mentioning catalyst needs replacing and something about lambda sensors. on the drive home, the check engine light switched itself off also. according to the mechanic, the light would stay on until problem fixed so little confused on that. anyways, they wanted me to pay £900 for the cat, i told them I'll have a shop around and see what other prices I can get. been looking at sport cats, largely cheaper.

assuming the new air filter fixed the intake high voltage, maf sensor below voltage codes but still wondering why the light switched off straight after the mechanic said it would stay on lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
I think that the lack of air filter would be upsetting the cat sensors.
Now that you have a filter in place then all the sensors from the intake through the cat would be getting proper readings and would settle down so should not throw any codes.
If the light comes back then you will have to get it diagnosed.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
468 Posts
If the code persists then get your lambda sensors checked first, they’re prone to failing and cheaper than a new cat 👍🏻

1 - 15 of 15 Posts