2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

Today, I began the almighty-wonderful job of changing the blower motor on my 2007 ES diesel. After many swearwords & severed hands, I decided that I couldn't do it, and went about putting the trim back together. Just before this, I wanted to test if the motor would, by any miracle, work. However, when I put the key in, I was greeted with a plethora of warning lights: first, the check engine light; second, the VSA light; and, finally, the airbag light. After pressing the button to start - nothing at all, just dead cranks.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks in advance

·
i-Vtec
2,757 Posts
Well without stating the obvious sounds like you've disconnected something and not reconnected it, or you've blown a fuse. I blew the horn fuse and the ABS/VSA/Tyre lights all illuminated on the dash. Id start checking fuses first as that will be the easiest options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! Any idea how I'd check that, please? Sorry for the lack of knowledge!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well without stating the obvious sounds like you've disconnected something and not reconnected it, or you've blown a fuse. I blew the horn fuse and the ABS/VSA/Tyre lights all illuminated on the dash. Id start checking fuses first as that will be the easiest options.
Thanks very much - will give them a go in the light with a clear head!

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Any idea how I'd check that, please? Sorry for the lack of knowledge!
open drivers door and remove little panel on edge of dash
inside there feel for a push button switch press down from top and it should reset

did you remove clutch pedal when trying to remove fan motor

you need to remove the holding nuts and release cable from top then move to the right hand side to give enough room to slde blower out

I too lost some skin
its not a hard job just very restricted

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Just went out and found the fuel cut-off switch... How stupid do I feel now(?). Thanks for the advice, guys - seems to be okay now. Hopefully this will serve as some good information to those who need it in the future!

Still need to get the motor changed - but I've had enough drama for one day (as someone came down the road as I was putting the trim back on and obliterated my wing mirror - can't write this stuff)!

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
exactly
I had to do a little research when I triggered mine
I had heard of it but hadn't a clue where to find it

but it makes you feel good when you press and hear that click and the car fires up

·
4,345 Posts
Thought I had borked my 10G after disconnecting the battery (dry cranking). You have to press both clutch and brake pedal hard. Much head scratching and an input from Steve_m sorted it for me, once you know the 'hard' bit.
It is 'in TFM' but a bit obscure. Much relief when it started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts