2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On many other forums I am on, they have reputation points enabled so that when someone finds something you say helpful, or likes your newest mod, they can give you rep points. This is a good way to help out new members also, so they know who has been around for a while and who is more knowledgable if they have a problem. This is just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I thought long and hard about the rep system, and decided not to have it here. My reasons were:

• The system is flawed - members can "trade" points to build rep artificially.
  • People who have a very high rep give lots of points, so a new user can suddenly get a huge jump if awarded rep from an old user.
  • It causes arguments.
  • Some of the most useful posters on here only post once in a blue moon.
  • It is not really in line with our hopefully slightly-more-mature-than-normal approach.
Thank you for the suggestion though - don't think I'm just dismissing it out of hand, I did wonder about it and thought that on balance, I'll leave it out.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I agree, I don't really think it would suit the nature of this particular forum, never been a fan of it anyway! I don't think it would add anything to the forum.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I agree too; I don't like the idea of people posting here because they want to get more rep, I like people helping each other out because we can/want too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts