2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wiring AUX.
Many noticed that our radio is there "CD \ AUX" button, but it does not work. It's unfortunate, but it is fixable.
Conveniently this is the thing to do in conjunction with radio repair.

To activate the AUX necessary to solder the resistors 5 on the board 4 pieces (R332 R333 R233 R232 - are responsible for the transmission of audio) - 6.8 kOm, similar to the resistance in the navigation chain, and R566 - 1 kOm (activation circuit "AUX detect"). Sizes resistances 0805 and 0603

On nominally AUX reystayle displayed in the radio and wired all the missing details.
In principle, the resistance 6.8 ohms can be rented next door to the navigation input. The input we have not used.
Putting in place a jumper resistance is possible, but not recommended, especially in lieu of the latter, in denominations of 1 ohms.

It will be due something like this:
Then all we collect and proceed directly to the AUX connector wiring to normal radio.
The easiest option - to buy the Chinese a ready-AUX-cable.
We are looking at various venues on request "honda aux cable 3.5MM", buy. How come - take out of the same regular terminal 2 wires to the buttons on the steering wheel, insert them in the same place on the counter by the Chinese and collect everything. To remove the pins - open black latch on the counter, a needle to pry the locking tab on the opposite side of the wires on the connector and remove the pin. When inserting - as open black tab on the chip, insert pins and snap the retainer back.

If you do not want to buy - looking for something suitable themselves pins and insert them in a full-time pin-chip according to the following:
The connector is "C" .leg "C3" - earth, "C13" - Left Channel, "C14" - the right channel. Feet "C5" and "C15" connect the jumper.

Copies of the original pin exist in nature and have the model "DJ627-1S". But finding them is very difficult. Someone is trying to insert a conventional connector pins from the computer (such as usb, or LEDs and buttons), but they are not fixed in the socket and after some time for yourself fly. So if takes them - fix something nibul such as toothpicks or matches.
Attention, pinout in the picture does not match the numbered leg connector on the motherboard, so if you have a desire to solder the wire connector on the board - looking legs visually or tester.

After the performed operations, when you click on "CD \ AUX" several times will switch mode "AUX" with the same inscription on the screen, and speakers will play what you connect to the extracted cable.
The volume level is lower than the radio or CD. This is normal.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I have done it and it works on the player with navigation system. The sound is as good as from mp3 disk and the volume is the same, so no loud sounds while changing modes. Here is a shot:
Thanks for the reply, was it difficult and where did you get the parts from?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Difficulty depends on soldering skills :smile3: I used a magnifying glass and soldering iron with tiny tip because the smd resistors are small. Also you have to fully disassemble the player and there are a lot of bolts.
I got the resistors from a local electronic/hobby shop.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Difficulty depends on soldering skills :smile3: I used a magnifying glass and soldering iron with tiny tip because the smd resistors are small. Also you have to fully disassemble the player and there are a lot of bolts.
I got the resistors from a local electronic/hobby shop.
I think I will have to give this a go, I see from the original post that a 3.5mm jack can be used, is their any way to connect USB along this route?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I think I will have to give this a go, I see from the original post that a 3.5mm jack can be used, is their any way to connect USB along this route?

Only 3.5 mm jack, because the input is left, right channel and ground. If you want to connect USB, you have to use some kind of digital to analog converter to transform the USB signal to the player input signal.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Only 3.5 mm jack, because the input is left, right channel and ground. If you want to connect USB, you have to use some kind of digital to analog converter to transform the USB signal to the player input signal.
I thought as much but thought I'd ask.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Also I know that I need 2 values 1K and 6.8K but it also says about 2 sizes of resistor what size did you use, was it the 0805?
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Maybe I missing something here... but isnt it just easier to buy one of the aux in boxes like a connects2 and plug it in?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Also I know that I need 2 values 1K and 6.8K but it also says about 2 sizes of resistor what size did you use, was it the 0805?
Thanks again.

I used 0805, because they are bigger and easy to work than 0603. Both sizes will fit.

Maybe I missing something here... but isnt it just easier to buy one of the aux in boxes like a connects2 and plug it in?
As xfiniti64 said, the sound quality is way better. I have digital changer and don't use it after I enabled the aux.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I used 0805, because they are bigger and easy to work than 0603. Both sizes will fit.

As xfiniti64 said, the sound quality is way better. I have digital changer and don't use it after I enabled the aux.
Thanks, I have ordered the parts so will add to this thread when I have done it.

I have also ordered a 3.5mm bulkhead fitting for the 3.5mm jack to go into under a panel so that I can plug into it, then if the cable that goes to my phone wears I can replace it easily.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I think you should order the Chinese aux cable too, that's in the first post, because you will need 3 pins for the connector marked as "C" and they are very hard to find. You can extract it from the chinese connector and place it in the original connector.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I think you should order the Chinese aux cable too, that's in the first post, because you will need 3 pins for the connector marked as "C" and they are very hard to find. You can extract it from the chinese connector and place it in the original connector.
Thanks, I have already ordered one as I thought I would need it to take the pins from it.
Hopefully all the things I need will be here by next weekend.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts