2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people find the standard Michelin Energy 16" tyres for grip.

Bit disappointed in dry and wet grip with mine. Has anyone changed tyres yet and if so what for?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

Bit disappointed in dry and wet grip with mine. Has anyone changed tyres yet and if so what for?

I know people who ran them but not on civics, but they were quite pleased with them.
I gues such energy saver tyres have to give in on certain aspects to achieve the desired increase in mpg.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

I've had em on a Civic IMA before.

They are really bad in snow once you get down past 5mm. And I mean REALLY bad.

Probably should have snow tyres anyway. They are probably rated a summer tyre.

There a few different types of Mich energy savers tho...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looking around at some of the 9g's lately,I notice a lot are coming out the factory with the Bridgestone ER300's. The question is, why?

These were standard fit on my 4 year old 8g, and are now discontinued at retail. They have been replaced by the T001's. These are a substantially better tyre for road noise and comfort and are priced about the same as the old ER300s. Must be a back log of stock.

Highly recommend the T001 - they do well on this new Euro rating system as well.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
They were the last set I had on my IMA. From my personal experience they were not great. They are classified as a summer tyre. But I found them very bad in the wet and then once the temp started droping and then we had that snow last year Not great. And also They did not do anything for my mpg the only plus thing I can say is they lasted a long time. about 16000 before I replaced them with what I have on now my Brigdestone all season rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts