2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking an ebay example for this one. As paypal cant be a compulsory thing. Could I suggest that the I-Trader feedback becomes compulsory like having a photo for each for sale thread became.

So once payment has been sent and package received from each party involved. It is then compulsory both parties leave Feedback on I-Trader. Im not to sure on the "ins and outs" of how that is possible to set up or an automatic PM is distributed or until you leave the feedback you cant buy and sell until feedback is left? something like that maybe?

All this means is that a seller and a buyer has a permanent score rating. It works well on Ebay, as im wary of buying from a very poor scoring person (not that there are many as they dont get custom)
Just gives a brief history of the seller to a buyer and as many of us wont see each other, could give that extra bit of security?

Iv just done a very quick and easy purchase with a member so i shall be leaving them positive feedback now :)

Thanks Guys
Nat

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it pretty much does although im still due some....
Iv not had any notification saying "Please leave feedback now" was a bit lapse with it in the past, only used it a couple of times. But after some recent sour sales, it makes me want to use it alot more.
Just trying to think of things and thought out loud for once ha! may turn out to be a bum thought but we shall see where it goes haha

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Unlike ebay, the software doesn't know when a sale is completed, nor who is involved (it's just a thread). So automatic reminders are not possible.

I think most people just send a PM after a week or so politely nudging the other person for feedback.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Unlike ebay, the software doesn't know when a sale is completed, nor who is involved (it's just a thread). So automatic reminders are not possible.

I think most people just send a PM after a week or so politely nudging the other person for feedback.
I have done this aswell, but still not received any lol

i've now purchased a hid kit, milltek non res cat back and CPL race manifold, and sold my rage alloys (all smooth pleasant transactions)

But i only have 1 positive feedback which wasn't for any of the above!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Interesting point... I've sold a fair few gear stick warmers but not had one feedback yet, though I generally get a 'thanks, the sock's arrived, I'm very happy' PM.

As far as I'm concerned personally, it's a 'nice to have' if people do it but am not losing sleep over the fact that no-one has so far. I figure, if they were that upset, I'd know about it by now. And if they felt I'd treated them badly enough, they'd have put a note on the thread to say so.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Interesting point... I've sold a fair few gear stick warmers but not had one feedback yet, though I generally get a 'thanks, the sock's arrived, I'm very happy' PM.
opps...seems I am one of them...would sort that now...sorry Kat...:( Well the good news was I took some pictures and put them online for everyone to see...:D

·
Banned
1,929 Posts

+1, was going to say this.

I've bought a fair amount more off this site and not received feeback from the transactions. Then again, I didn't leave any, either. Doesn't bother me.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Whilst feedback is nice I can see the difficulty in making it compulsory. Whilst my feedback is also not reflective of the number of items bought on here I think I would probably know people bidding / offering or buying / selling. Gets difficult the less time you spend on here and as the number of members increases daily!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
opps...seems I am one of them...would sort that now...sorry Kat...:( Well the good news was I took some pictures and put them online for everyone to see...:D

Ah bless ya, it wasn't meant as a nudge! But thanks anyway. Tbh, the photos were probably more use as it goes, several people have requested socks 'like Dablinks' or 'like Maciek's'.

So, as far as feedback is concerned, I'm not really bothered about it enough to chase people to leave any. A PM or a note in the thread to say they're happy, and I'm happy :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I agree its possibly a good idea... I mean I have sent some decent sums of cash over on here and I do check iTrader ratings before sending by paypal... also post count and things, wouldnt buy off someone who has 1 post and wants £1000 for a mugen wing for example... for that sort of money a bit of reassurance is nice... extreme I know!

Although I am guilty of not always giving and receiving feedback... :(

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I do it purely out of courtesy and the fact that judderman highlighted it could be a good indicator of a genuine seller/buyer/trader like ebay but it all depends on the person on the other end of the transaction.

maybe a little note like the "i have read the trading........." Stating "once transaction is complete please remember to leave feedback to help future transactions"?

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
i can only agree with above posts on this.......only bought once, but a good trader score speaks volumes!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.