2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those waiting for their car, who like this kind of thing :?

IMG_6248.jpg

IMG_6249.jpg

The intercooler appears to be quite small, and located in the N/S wheel arch. Cold air enters a triangle in the lower front air dam, and exits into the wheel arch. Hope the size doesn't restrict the tuning potential too much - as soon as mine is run in we'll find out.

IMG_6250.jpg

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I always found it interesting that some dealers told people not to run their cars in as modern cars don't need it these days... others seem stricter in what you should do...

What's the "running in" of the new Civic supposed to be?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual says no flat out starts in first gear and take it easy for 600 miles. It doesn't mention any of the usual running in rules, such as don't leave it at idle for too long and don't sit on the motorway at a light throttle setting and constant speed for ages.

A very good read is this page here.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Pottsy said:
uhu. and this is how it looks after a month. ahhggrrrr.... how does all the crap get there?...

dirt.jpg

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Bloody hell!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: How has that happened??? :?

Is it slung up there by the wheel arches???

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Mark996 said:
Bloody hell!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: How has that happened??? :?

Is it slung up there by the wheel arches???
no idea. must be from the wheels. asked at another site, but no answer so far. i have the car for a month now, opened the bonnet this last sunday for a friend to see the engine... oops. what a pretty sight :(

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:shock:

Welcome taa!

Is that the work of a small furry creature? If it is being flung up from below, it will be all over the underside of the bonnet. Is there any there too?

Also, my car has had a mysterious "heat shield mod". The heat shield is between the engine and the bulkhead (maybe where this is coming from) - I shall ask my dealer what the mod was for when I'm in there next week...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Pottsy said:
Is that the work of a small furry creature? If it is being flung up from below, it will be all over the underside of the bonnet. Is there any there too?
there is some, but very little. like single drops. not sure about the creature... what kind of creature would that be? and anyway, at home it's parked on gravel, at work on concrete. the only two times it was driven and parked on dirt, it was very briefly. though to think about it, the little pile on the battery does look funny. and there is practically nothing over it on the inner surface of the bonnet. hmm. guess i'll clean it for now, and see if it happens again.

did not quite understand about "heat shield mod"?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pottsy said:
The intercooler appears to be quite small, and located in the N/S wheel arch.
That seems like an odd place for a cooler, right in front of (behind?) the wheel? I'd imagine it'll get completely clogged with mud, or slushy snow in winter. :? I dunno about the mechanics, so I have to ask, does air actually have to flow through that grille I can see in the picture?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the air is ducted in from the front and exits through that grill in the wheel arch. Only problem to me is that the intercooler looks a bit small..

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
taa said:
Pottsy said:
uhu. and this is how it looks after a month. ahhggrrrr.... how does all the crap get there?...

Looks like an allotment, are you growing anything "interesting" in there ?. :lol: :lol:

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I always found it interesting that some dealers told people not to run their cars in as modern cars don't need it these days... others seem stricter in what you should do...

What's the "running in" of the new Civic supposed to be?

Thanks.
+1

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Cant beat that revival haha, insane!

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Neither had I, at that time I drove a Derbi DRD Pro SM haha :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts