2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, after about an hour of high speed driving (130 + not public roads before anyone gets on their high horse) my engine appeared to cut out, although i could still rev the engine and engage gear but it would accelerate under throttle, every now and then it would bite and go but then eventually came to a complete halt, still idling. Turned the engine off and tried to restart, no luck. Left it for 15 minutes, started fine and drove off as if nothing had happened, very strange. Has been fine throughout today as well, just wondered if anyone has had this before or had any ideas what it could be, electrical?
Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Initially thats what I thought that, but the clutch seems completely fine, no slip, nothing and today its as if nothing happened....strange.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Last night, after about an hour of high speed driving (130 + not public roads before anyone gets on their high horse) my engine appeared to cut out, although i could still rev the engine and engage gear but it would accelerate under throttle, every now and then it would bite and go but then eventually came to a complete halt, still idling. Turned the engine off and tried to restart, no luck. Left it for 15 minutes, started fine and drove off as if nothing had happened, very strange. Has been fine throughout today as well, just wondered if anyone has had this before or had any ideas what it could be, electrical?
Cheers!
I had the same problem in a Clio sport buddy, it only seemed to happen after long duration heat ie as you described, it turned out to be a problem with the ecu thinking the engine was not getting fuel or positioned in the wrong place or something like that but as I was under warranty I did not take a interest really I just said hear take it fix it and all I know it had a new ecu??? Mine would do the same just cut out and 15-30 mins.
After start up fine and be ok for a while, then thrash it for a bit or long journey and pul up at light and off it went embarrassing lol hope its not the same kind of issue

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cheers!
My first guess would of been clutch getting hot but when you said it cut out then Would not start again that rings bells to what I went through

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
I'm not 100% if this is the case with type-r's but my mates BMW doesn't have a fuel pump on both sides of his tank, therefore he needs to keep it topped up over 1/2 full when high speed driving as the engine can not get a consistent supply of petrol when bouncing up and down / turning left right at high speeds.

Just an idea.

If the above does not apply then i'd be almost certain that it would be the heat strain on your car.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I'm not 100% if this is the case with type-r's but my mates BMW doesn't have a fuel pump on both sides of his tank, therefore he needs to keep it topped up over 1/2 full when high speed driving as the engine can not get a consistent supply of petrol when bouncing up and down / turning left right at high speeds.

Just an idea.

If the above does not apply then i'd be almost certain that it would be the heat strain on your car.
You'd notice this as heavy 'splutters' before it just cut out

Our track scooby would move the fuel so much we had to have 3/4 of a tank (at very least) or it would 'miss' coming out off corners or crests
Fixed this by installing a transfer pump which pumps high volumes of fuel from the right of the tank to the left (constantly; when switched on) to solve the problem :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts