2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been posted (I suspect it probably has at some point).

A couple of times in the last week I've pressed my red button only for the engine to go "phooooot" and not start. At the second time of asking it always starts.

This hasn't happened to me in nearly six years of owning 8th Gen Civics. Is this a give away sign of anything? Low battery, perhaps?

My CTR is only under warranty for a few more months, so I'm gearing up to hit the local dealer with anything I consider less than 100%.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
mine does it every now and then.

It only does it when i turn the key to position 2 and then IMMEDIATELY push it before the needle on the petrol guage has swept up.

if i wait an extra second or two when the needle is almost fully up it starts first time every time.

Apparantly something to do with teeth on the fly wheel not making contact?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
mine also does this from time to time, I put it down to a missing tooth on one of the gears of the starter motor mechanism. Mine is out of warranty so will leave it until it causes a problem.

Will also try waiting a few moments after turning the key too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.