2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It seems you're right, it has decided to come back stronger than before, I never thought I'd be happy to see the engine light haha.

I've changed the IMRC Sensor now, the engine light has gone and the swirl valve is no longer moving on idle, it seems I got lucky, hopefully it doesn't come back! :)

I'd like to thank everyone in the thread for helping me out, it has been great reading all your helpful posts and I wouldn't have been able to do it without you all!

Edit: oh, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Here's some images with the new IMRC sensor fitted, the car is running and on idle and it wasn't moving at all, and best of all, no engine light!

Hi what is the IMRC sensor and where is it?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
Hi what is the IMRC sensor and where is it?
The IMRC is a diverter valve on the engine intake, it does have position sensors but these never go wrong. The IMRC is driven by a vacuum feed from an electro-vacuum regulator (also known as a frequency solenoid valve) which is almost always the cause of P2004 (and other P20xx) problems. It is NOT a sensor, this wrong description seems to have crept in!

If you follow the vacuum line from the large IMRC vacuum bellows it leads to the FSV. You can just see this in the top picture of post #12.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts