2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mornin all im after some advice i have done a search but not found anything my engine light is on ive crossed the blue 2 pin connector and my light flashes 6 times the only answer i found was crank sensor and it has just failed mot on emissions so would probably make sense any ideas please its a 1997 (registered) 1.5i ls vtec d15z8 thanks in advance

roy

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
mornin all im after some advice i have done a search but not found anything my engine light is on ive crossed the blue 2 pin connector and my light flashes 6 times the only answer i found was crank sensor and it has just failed mot on emissions so would probably make sense any ideas please its a 1997 (registered) 1.5i ls vtec d15z8 thanks in advance

roy
6 times??

How many slow flashes and how many fast flashes??

1 slow is 10 and 1 fast is 1. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks danny i have recently replaced my stuck themostat would that cause emissions to fail it does not light all the time and i dont now know what temp the new stat was the heater gauge does not go higher than it used to would i be able to reset it

have removed sensor plugs and cleaned connections disconnected battery to reset fault codes now to wait n see thanks again danny

roy

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Thanks danny i have recently replaced my stuck themostat would that cause emissions to fail it does not light all the time and i dont now know what temp the new stat was the heater gauge does not go higher than it used to would i be able to reset it
Thermostat and ECT are both different, you need to replace that aswell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That pic shows ect sensor but thats the one under the dizzy at the front am i being stupid (dont answer that) so i have 3 one on stat housing +the other 2 in pic am i still doing the one on the stat housing at the rear of engine

1 - 20 of 43 Posts