2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some strange reason not even a garage has been able to discover my engine management amber warning light comes on in the dash in very cold or very warm weather. When i have had it diagnosed it has shown various 'imaginary' faults. It's been reset a few time but it comes on again. Most peculiar as car runs sweetly in all areas. My thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this :)

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
What are the faults? even if seemingly unrelated, you can usually get closer to a cause.

Rather than paying for it to be diagnosed, grab a cheap OBD2 Scanner on Ebay for ~£5; Even if you can't diagnose the codes, you can reset them yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
What are the faults? even if seemingly unrelated, you can usually get closer to a cause.

Rather than paying for it to be diagnosed, grab a cheap OBD2 Scanner on Ebay for ~£5; Even if you can't diagnose the codes, you can reset them yourself.
yep, need the codes to be of any specific help.
so far, it sounds like it's temp related - i'm going with a weak electrical connection somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi & thanks for the reply.
Haven't had to pay for the diagnostic checks as the garage is my regular for most car related things. Car has been re-set a number of times & ok for a short while but back it comes. I can't recall exact issues allegedly diagnosed but they vary enormously from accelerator paddle issue (last read) to some clutch issue & other very different 'diagnoses'. All checked & none showing fault or giving problems with the driving of the car. I recall when we had the bad cold temps it started coming on but from then to the most recent very hot spell it was all systems go, until this hot spell of course. In fact the local mechanic said it was probably a 'glitch' but fundamentally not doing harm that could be felt or found. If an electrical short somewhere where does a body start to look? I'm thinking that will be expensive in a garage to find as may require much labour time.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Where are you?... someone can come and take a look I'm sure.

You can buy BLUETOOTH ODB readers for £6 off ebay, and download a free app... then you can reset the code, see what it is, etc, all yourself, from your mobile.

At least then, you'll know the code, and can ask on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts