2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just had the engine management light come on my 2011 Civic Diesel. The manual says it's probably an emission sensor. Is their anyway to reset the system or do I have to take it to the main dealer?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just bought it under the Honda Approved used scheme so I'm hoping it's covered. Just wondered if unplugging the battery would cure the problem or create more.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Needs the faults reading mate, very worth while buying yourself a diagnostic scanner, plenty of threads on the subject.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,809 Posts
I have just bought it under the Honda Approved used scheme so I'm hoping it's covered. Just wondered if unplugging the battery would cure the problem or create more.
Disconnecting the battery for around 20 minutes will reset the warning light, assuming that the problem is no longer active. Not much point really, as you almost certainly do have a problem that needs to be addressed.

Get a code reader, as already mentioned. Or - better still - don't make it your problem and take the car back to hopefully have it sorted under whatever warranty scheme comes with Honda cars these days!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strange, the warning light has now gone off. I didn't reset it. I had done some unusually short journeys when it happened so maybe the long run cleared the problem or do you think it will come back again. I have it booked in at the garage for Thursday so if the light doesn't come back is it worth keeping the appointment, do the problems stay in the memory?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts