2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
The wife has a 09 Jazz and when standing outside the car the engine sounds very noisy, it sounds like cars I had 30 years ago which was coming from the tappets, the car has only done 2200 miles. Can anyone with a new Jazz have a listen to there's and report back please, I would be very grateful

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Do you mean the rapid "tic-tic-tic-tic-tic" noise followed by the fan starting up and stopping every ~10 seconds? Thats pretty normal even the Type R sounds the same, nothing to worry about. I've never found the engine of the jazz "noisy" infact its one of the quietest engines I've heard when idling, until the fan kicks in of course!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi James, thanks for the reply, It's the tic-tic-tic thats very loud, I've just started the Civic and Jazz up together in the garage both with the bonnet up, when I've got my head over the Civic I can still here the tic-tic-tic form the Jazz. I think if there is a problem it will be this tic-tic-ticking, What is the tic-tic ticking, do cars still have tappets nowadays?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Hi James, thanks for the reply, It's the tic-tic-tic thats very loud, I've just started the Civic and Jazz up together in the garage both with the bonnet up, when I've got my head over the Civic I can still here the tic-tic-tic form the Jazz. I think if there is a problem it will be this tic-tic-ticking, What is the tic-tic ticking, do cars still have tappets nowadays?
I too have a new Jazz and a petrol 1.8 Civic.

I find the Jazz engine (1.4), extremely quiet on tick over, yes, the fan or A/Con kicks in from time to time but otherwise 'Quiet'.

The Civic compared to the Jazz is much more noisy, so much so I took it into ABP (Crewe) for them to have a listen to, quite normal on Civics I was assured.

So it seems the clearance settings on the tappets may account for the variation in noise we are experiencing!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts