2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my car on friday back, clutch and and master cylinder changed. Not only wasn't the stuff able to comment on the work done, the machanic said he just took the clutch out and put the new in not investigating anything, but now I am experiencing a loud rattling noise from the engine bay in the cocpit when not drivin'. Feels like the engine bashing on the dashboard. It's really anoying especially when standing still in traffic. Went to the stealer today but he didn't give a:worms:, he wasn't even willing to take a look. I am trying to sell this car because I am no longer willing to put up with these idiots (owned 10 cars before and I have to say I've never seen something so wrong like the Honda treatment I've experienced in Austria, worst service ever!!!) but nobody will buy a car this loud. Please help, anyone with a solution or an idea how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I am experiencing a loud rattling noise from the engine bay in the cocpit when not drivin'. Feels like the engine bashing on the dashboard.
This sounds very wrong (I've never driven a 2.2 with anything like this) and clearly you know it's wrong because I presume it didn't do it before the clutch work.

I'm not sure what to suggest, other than the obvious (back to the same dealer until they listen, new dealer, or contact Honda directly).

I would also have a listen around the engine bay and underneath with a tube, trying to find the source.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the problem my stealer is right next to the Honda Building, with the technicians everyday in their workshop.They are just acting like Honda is some luxury brand and are negating every problem I mention even bashing this site. With the Honda Austria being the highest instance in this country I guess I wön't get any better service at an another stealer thus trying to get rid of it. I just don't get it ist such a nice and cool car I really love to drive it, the service here around isn't acceptable.

P.S. Noise comes up only when idle.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Sounds like your flywheel or clutch perhaps not bolted in/seated correctly???

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Possibly, it may be loose and knocking when spinning at idle speed? Anyone else care to wade in?

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
does the noise only happen when the car is in neutral, or in gear with the clutch fully depressed ?
Mine does it in neutral or in gear. Revving the engine stops the noise.
exactly the same here!!!
sorry - I should have been more specific.

Does the problem only happen when the car is in neutral or with the clutch fully depressed?
ie, when the clutch plates are not connected to the drive plates.

this relates back to Tom's suggestion.
If the flywheel / clutch is loose (from the fix), then when it is being pushed together (ie in gear and foot off the clutch pedal), the pressure from the clutch springs will be holding it in place.

there are other options (as Tom is alluding), but let's get this one dicounted first :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts