2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

So, you know when the radio is turned on and not tuned to a specific station and as you go through the rev range you hear acoustic/electrical feedback on the radio from the engine?

I've noticed that the engine on my FN2 seems to give off a similar noise but with the radio off.

It's not a whine as such and it does it all speeds and different gears, so don't think it's the gearbox, is this normal?

If not, what could be the cause?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I get a similar sort of noise - but I would probably class it as a whine in my case. I suspect it's the aux belt tensioner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get a similar sort of noise - but I would probably class it as a whine in my case. I suspect it's the aux belt tensioner.

Thought it was that too.... (Whine noise) But then had my tensioner + belt changed.... Still there, could be a different noise to yours though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a really whiney whine, but guess I could class it as a sort of whine lol.

What can be done to sort it and what sort of prices?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So is this just a normal characteristic of the engine over time, or something that can or should be fixed?

It's bugging me a little bit but I can live with it I guess lol :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts