2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am a new member in this forum but I have been following it for several months. Today I am writing for the first time about oil for my car - Type R Plus FN2 2007. There may be such topics that you excuse me for.
The mechanic working on my car told me to put only 5w50. Is there a problem driving this car with this oil? The brand is Repsol Carrera.Can there be a problem with the engine in time with this oil?
I drive for 7 years HONDA ( Prelude ) but this is fairly new to me.The service manual writes from 0-20 to 0-40 but here I read people say 5/30, 0/30, 5/40 all the way to 10/60 ?!

Thanks in advance for the answers and will attach pictures as soon as possible

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello everyone, I am a new member in this forum but I have been following it for several months. Today I am writing for the first time about oil for my car - Type R Plus FN2 2007. There may be such topics that you excuse me for.
The mechanic working on my car told me to put only 5w50. Is there a problem driving this car with this oil? The brand is Repsol Carrera.Can there be a problem with the engine in time with this oil?
I drive for 7 years HONDA ( Prelude ) but this is fairly new to me.The service manual writes from 0-20 to 0-40 but here I read people say 5/30, 0/30, 5/40 all the way to 10/60 ?!

Thanks in advance for the answers and will attach pictures as soon as possible
What country do you live in Mkilla?

If you live in the UK, then 5W40 is probably the best grade oil to use, as Flashy says.

Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much
Mark and flushy :) I'm from BG and i was today in Honda service to check my car - chassis and electronics.Everything was ok ( i'm very happy ) and I asked them specials for oil viscosity.They told me 5/40 or 5/50 its ok for this car all year.I told them my mechanic preferred 5/50 and they told me 5/50 is good oil, more expensive than 5/40 and no problem to drive with it.

Thanks again for the answers !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts