2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I need help with my civic 8g 2.2 ctdi, the other day I was driving and my fuel light went on, I stop on red light and all over the sudden , my car start shaking for 2 sec and I tried the gas pedal but wasn't working at all, the engine was running but when i tried to accelerate the car revs really slow , and after more or less 2 min the gas pedal when back to normal.
I done full service last summer which include
New Oil, oil filter, fuel filter, new cluch, flywheel. I took it to my local garage to plug the car to the computer for a diagnose and no errors found at all. The garage took the fuel tank and fuel filter to be clean up from any dirt inside the tank that they may cause any blockage on fuel system , but it wasn't much dirt inside that may cause any blockage. After all this when I drive sometimes the car essitates for about 2 sec when I change from 2nd gear to 3rd.
Anyone experiencing something like this that I might help me sorting out this issue.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if someone has an experience the same or similar to mine, it is worth cleaning EGR valve, it was the solution to my problem.
My EGR valve had a bit of dirt causing my engine to enter SAFE MODE, 5 months after cleaning it is still ok and without any problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts