2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have an issue with my car the engine is smoking, smells like burning and there is a weird noise im assuming the car is done but id just like some confirmation lol thank you here is a vid of for refderence.

·
Registered
53 Posts
One of the injector seals is probably leaking, lift up the engine cover and see if the smoke is coming out of the injectors. I'm assuming yours is a diesel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rough price on a fix at a grage at all? how long have i got before it wont start anymore? lol not what i nees a few weeks before xmas thanks for the input

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,059 Posts
How long is a piece of string? You could try tightening the offending injector clamp down. Similar happened to me. Tightening it fixed it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just
One of the injector seals is probably leaking, lift up the engine cover and see if the smoke is coming out of the injectors. I'm assuming yours is a diesel?
sorry yes its a diesel... i have also been having some issues with the clutch it sticks now and again and i gmhave to try a few times ro get it into first. could this be related? not working for few days now so gna book it into garage tmo thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also could it be down to not putting any anti freeze in? as you can tell im not the best when it comes to maintaining cars lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
No, the injector seal is just a copper washer that seals the base of the injector, it's just one of those things that fail nothing to do with anti freeze.
Leaving it longer will make it worse and harder to remove as it will cause a carbon build up, aka black death. (Well it does with Mercedes)

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
you haven't had the car tera cleaned or similar recently have you
sometimes that can remove enough carbon build up to damage the seal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, the injector seal is just a copper washer that seals the base of the injector, it's just one of those things that fail nothing to do with anti freeze.
Leaving it longer will make it worse and harder to remove as it will cause a carbon build up, aka black death. (Well it does with Mercedes)
ok thanks, just took engine cpver offand there was a broken peice of plast right next to one of injectors and yes the smoke is coming out og there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts