2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I do not have any problems with my car just I have some weird sound when engine is hot and in idle . I do not know how to describe that sound it is like guggle sound.
I made a video to be easier. I am not even sure is it engine or not.
Thank you everybody for help!

My car is Honda FN2 Type R

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello,
I do not have any problems with my car just I have some weird sound when engine is hot and in idle . I do not know how to describe that sound it is like guggle sound.
I made a video to be easier. I am not even sure is it engine or not.
Thank you everybody for help!

Honda fn2 Engine idle sound, normal? - YouTube

My car is Honda FN2 Type R
Might just be my eye sight but is that breather pipe cracked top right of rocker cover?. rubber to metal one, metal looks cracked but hard to tell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might just be my eye sight but is that breather pipe cracked top right of rocker cover?. rubber to metal one, metal looks cracked but hard to tell.

Hmm I think it is just dirty, I will check tomorrow because it is dark outside :D What do you think for my sound problem?
Thank you for help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Know I look my video again and If you think metal pipe for right side? It it just label :D

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
With the engine running quickly squeeze the pipe from the manifold that heads left towards the alternator. If the noise disappears when pinched then the pcv valve needs replacing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the engine running quickly squeeze the pipe from the manifold that heads left towards the alternator. If the noise disappears when pinched then the pcv valve needs replacing.
hmm I will try tomorrow thank you. I just looked on youtube how engine sound when that pipe needs replace and it is not same sound. I will try tomorrow anyway. I hope is something stupid,because I do not have any problems with car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hmm I think it is just dirty, I will check tomorrow because it is dark outside :D What do you think for my sound problem?
Thank you for help!
Hard to say with a lot of background noise. Could point your fingers at a few things. Its one of those jobs where you need it front of you and straight away its nailed on. did you get anyfurther with it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts