2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all again,

Apart from being very cool, is there any advantage of the Engine Start button?
I am asking since you still need to turn the key, the button looks useless.

What do you think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you stall the car, then just press the button. None of this turn the key back and then forward to re-start the engine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Its so that oldies like me only have one method of starting and engine. Started using buttons to start engines at work over forty years ago.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What annoys me about these start buttons is their responsiveness. It was the same on the 3 series I had; there is a delay just long enough to make you think it isn't going to do anything.

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
What annoys me about these start buttons is their responsiveness. It was the same on the 3 series I had; there is a delay just long enough to make you think it isn't going to do anything.
I don't notice any delay on the Civic, my only gripe with them is the fact there's no sensor to stop it starting if its in gear.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I don't notice any delay on the Civic, my only gripe with them is the fact there's no sensor to stop it starting if its in gear.
Mine is an iShift. It refuses to start if it is in gear - must be in neutral. Maybe this feature is a result of the delay i.e. it is working out if it is in gear or not.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts