2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bleeding my clutch from the top so had to remove the intake out of the way. Unfortunately I forgot to lower the drivers window before starting the job. A couple of plugs were disconnected (MAF and the one right by the throttle body) before I decided to lower the window. I turned to position II but didn't start the engine. Now that everything is back together I get the engine warning light when I start the engine and it stays on.

Anyone know if I've managed to bugger something up? :banghead:

Cheers

P.S. I checked all hoses and they are secured.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Do you have a code reader?

With everything hooked back up, try ignition on/off a few times. Often dash lights disappear after a few ignition cycles.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No code reader am afraid. I tried a few cycles but the engine warning picture still appears!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the battery and it seems to have done the job. Thanks. I think when I turned to position II the ECU must have performed a check and noticed the MAF and throttle body sensors were not detected hence showing up an engine light warning. Seems turning the key on and off wasn't enough to clear it. But the battery disconnect must have did the trick.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,868 Posts
I tried the battery and it seems to have done the job. Thanks. I think when I turned to position II the ECU must have performed a check and noticed the MAF and throttle body sensors were not detected hence showing up an engine light warning. Seems turning the key on and off wasn't enough to clear it. But the battery disconnect must have did the trick.
That is a almost certainly how the fault condition arose.

Turning on and off doesn't usually work in my experience, as the ECU usually needs to go though three complete engine warm-up/cool-down cycles before a cleared fault lets the warning light extinguish... disconnecting the battery bypasses this requirement.

Glad it's OK now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts