2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Today i disconnected an electrical connector (somewhere behind a panel in the passenger footwell) and when i reconnected it, a lot of faults came up my display. I managed to clear the VSA and flashing glowplug lights but my engine warning light is still on. Also the car is not really starting as good as it should. Is this just a matter of going to the garage and getting the fault cleared?

·
Administrator
17,938 Posts
Maybe the fault light will clear after several ignition off/on's? It may take a few days to clear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were you doing to disconnect the wiring? #curious
Well i was just experimenting with some wiring behind my doorpanel (trying to get some wires through the plastic tube) and i had to remove that connector for easy access.

However overnight i've disconnected the battery and reconnected it this morning. After 15 mins of driving and turning the engine on and off, the warning light has disappeared and hasn't come on ever since. So problem solved :)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Get yourself one of those OBD2 readers that connects to your phone and you'll be able to clear your codes in the future yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts