2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

I've got an engine whine and I remember reading on here that if I pinch the ruber tube on the far right it would go away...which it does.

Next question, how do I fix this permanently? Is it a simple case of buying new tubing from Honda and undo the two metal clips on each end.

What is the tube actually for, my memory makes me think its for excess oil? Would removal/replacement of the tube result in a reasonable amount of fluid?

Thanks in advance

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
The noise from there is more of a bearing rattle noise replacing that pipe will cure it, I'm sure a whine is gearbox and is normal change of box oil may help, I'm having mine changed to Redline Mtl Friday and this is meant to stop whines.
If you want to replace that pipe go on cox Honda site and order the pcv valve it comes with the pipe, valve and washer

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, thats the noise I have (the bearing rattle noise). Originally I thought it was the aux pulley or the tensioners, but after investigating on here I found out it was that tube! For the life of me I can't find the original thread though.

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done the same a few months back Spank, really easy to change.

Undo the clips at both ends and take the pipe off. Then take a spanner to the valve (10-12mm I think) and reverse to fit your new valve and pipe ;) no more noise :cool:

Cheers fella.

You just get the parts from Honda or through one of the dealers on here?

Does the pipe hold any fluid?

Spank

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine from CoxMotorParts (on here).

It's a vacuum pipe but there may be some oily residue inside it (not much).
Ta muchly.

I'll ping up a thread in there section now and get this sorted asap.

You remember off the top of your head how much they charged you?

·
2,046 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
part is about £40, it got rid of the scratching noise, but I still get a high pitched whistle which I cant find the culprit to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts