2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, My 2.2CDTI hasn't got a Turbo anymore, but has been swapped for a supercharger!
This has been sounding wierd for about 3 months now. The noise is coming from whatever the belt drives on the left side of the engine. I've lubed the belt and the pullys but the noise is still there. Any advice would be well received!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Apparently, My 2.2CDTI hasn't got a Turbo anymore, but has been swapped for a supercharger!
This has been sounding wierd for about 3 months now. The noise is coming from whatever the belt drives on the left side of the engine. I've lubed the belt and the pullys but the noise is still there. Any advice would be well received!
I do know superchargers make a wine anyway, i think it possibly could be normal cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do know superchargers make a wine anyway, i think it possibly could be normal cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yea sorry I was being sarcastic. It sounds like a supercharger yet is definitely a turbo.

Use of the AC has no effect on the noise. It still pulls great and fuel economy is about 63mpg (motorway), so it's not effecting performance, just a worrying sound.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
Not easy without an appropriately extended spanner... if you don't have the correct tool then you'll need to improvise using interlocked open/ring spanners or even remove the driver's side engine mount to get onto the tensioner with a socket.

The belt is on the right side of the engine, by the way (the sides are described from a driver's perspective).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts