2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daft question really but,

Does any one know if Honda put the Type R's out consecutively or is the R-XXXXX number random??

Reason I ask, I’ve got to know quite a few CTR owners and they have numbers greater that R-08XXXX on 57 plates (August 07 –Feb 08 )and mine is R-07682 on a 08 plate, Has my car been sitting in some dingy field somewhere before I got it :confused:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Random as hell minnes a 57

·
Registered
429 Posts
Check the VIN numbers. Make sure you have an 08 in the VIN and your mates have a 07 in theirs! Also check the dates under the ash tray as this gives a good idea how long ago the car was made. It will certainly tell you who has the older car.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found my certificate of EC confromance, mine came off them manufacturing line in august 2007, roughly the same time one of my mates picked his up.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Just found my certificate of EC confromance, mine came off them manufacturing line in august 2007, roughly the same time one of my mates picked his up.
I read on here a month or two ago that someone got an R number in the 7000`s when everyone else was getting a number between 9000-10000
If i remember right his car was sent to Cyprus first then it was brought back to the U.K

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
It was also thought that you were maybe allocated a number when you placed your order. I placed mines before others, picked up the same day or a week later in some cases and I had a lower number.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
It was also thought that you were maybe allocated a number when you placed your order. I placed mines before others, picked up the same day or a week later in some cases and I had a lower number.
I seriously doubt they would go to the lenghts of tying this together logistically in the factory.

Can´t be sure of course..

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read on here a month or two ago that someone got an R number in the 7000`s when everyone else was getting a number between 9000-10000
If i remember right his car was sent to Cyprus first then it was brought back to the U.K

Snap!! I got mine form motorpoint (really big mistake) and then when I found both head lights were broken Honda cambridge told me the car was a Cyprus import.

Its not a good deal getting it from motorpoint

Saving £600 = No service book + Broken Headlights + No central locking on the passanger door + Crack in the plastic boot facier + their customer service is F***ing Pathetic!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Snap!! I got mine form motorpoint (really big mistake) and then when I found both head lights were broken Honda cambridge told me the car was a Cyprus import.

Its not a good deal getting it from motorpoint

Saving £600 = No service book + Broken Headlights + No central locking on the passanger door + Crack in the plastic boot facier + their customer service is F***ing Pathetic!
Ouch!! I had a wee look on their site at the time I was purchasing mines and found it strange that they had a few in stock and they weren't a honda dealer and I was having to wait 3/4 months for mines, now I know why. I'll make sure I avoid them, shame my neighbours have already bought from them....not a Civic tho!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts