2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can someone please give me the definitive answer on the brake bleed sequence for an ep3? I've read every possible combination is the right way :laugh2:
I did LR:RR:LF:RF.
I ask because there has not been a great improvement.
If I redo it this weekend will the fresh bottle of dot 4 I've partially used still be OK to use?
Thanks.

·
i-Vtec
1,885 Posts
Its always the furthest away(or rather longest) brake line first, I've always been told. TBH though I doubt it makes a difference, unless you've been renewing the actual hard brake lines, as all the brake lines come of the ABS unit separately.

What is the problem your actually having? Lack of a firm pedal?

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. According to that I have done it wrong.
LF:RF:RR:LR. Will tackle it the right way at the weekend. Only 9nm for the nipples?

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
What is the problem your actually having? Lack of a firm pedal?
+1 On this; I wouldn't expect the paticulars of which wheel to make a massive difference provided you've done at least the basic back / front pattern.

As a side note; It may be worth popping out to a nice straight B road and triggering the ABS a few times to clear the pump of old fluid, given you're planning another flush.

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's more pedal travel but it bites OK. Think I'll be getting some Brembo 4 pots :)

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake bleed take 2 tomorrow morning. The missus is kindly pedal pressing for me :laugh2:

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Started on the front left and big sections of air are coming out, how?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Well done Flashy, always easier with two people. :smile3:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Essential to change the brake fluid periodically as its hygroscopic . Honda dealers charge about £50.00 but money well spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts