2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This popped up on YouTube for me last night. It's nice to see them all together. I don't think you can exactly call these tests scientific, but it's still worth a watch ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Poor start from the ep3 ;)
That Mugen surprised me, pulled well.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Poor start from the ep3 ;)
That Mugen surprised me, pulled well.
2 minutes in...
Oh look, a smokey EP3 >:)

Definitely not scientific if the FN2 won on braking lol

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Power breath :laugh2:

Just shows the difference some mods make, what's the Mugen running? 240bhp?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
The Mugen FN2 shows up well and better than I thought it would. Shows that 240bhp in a lightened FN is very decent indeed. :smile3:

·
4,279 Posts
Power breath :laugh2:

Just shows the difference some mods make, what's the Mugen running? 240bhp?
237bhp but is close to a 2.2l bottom end, I believe has the FD2 pump, Mugen cams etc

It's road legal so if you was to remove the mani and cat it would likely top out close to TDi's old one around 280bhp / 185lbft ish with more aggressive cams but £38k is just silly.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
You got 250 for a bit less :grin2:
I'm mild power modding mine for now, b pipe and maybe long arm cai, no remap. Handling mods are priority. Can't spend too much as I'm committing funds elsewhere.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
So a straight line is where the CTR's are at then? Should have put them head to head around a TIMED circuit, not just his opinion on which is best. Also, the milano FN2, isn't that meant to have LSD as standard, yet he kept going on about understeer!??

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
How on earth can the FN2 have the shortest stopping distance !

An interesting comparison of the various cars tho and that Mugen did pretty well.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Forced induction on the slowest 2 would have made them the fastest 2. All relative really. My car's not fast but it's certainly fun.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
Forced induction on the slowest 2 would have made them the fastest 2. All relative really. My car's not fast but it's certainly fun.
I do agree with you there mate, although more power doesn't guarantee a quicker car point to point when you throw in some twisties.

I think around the track the FK8 would be a winner no matter what, Honda seem to have that engine and chassis well and truly sorted.

The FK2 didn't shine too much either which reinforces my theory that it was just the development car for the FK8. It is the same platform as the FN2 anyway apart from front struts.

·
4,279 Posts
You got 250 for a bit less :grin2:
I'm mild power modding mine for now, b pipe and maybe long arm cai, no remap. Handling mods are priority. Can't spend too much as I'm committing funds elsewhere.
And a bucket more mid-range ;)

Guarantee FN2 and EP3 didn't have OEM pads and tyres so seemed pointless comparison. Also once FK8 and FK2's pads had warmed up a bit they'd be MILES better than the others as they're huge in comparison.

Soon as I see people comparing them in a drag race I tune out, pointless test, especially in Rs...

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Do you think LSD on the Fn2 would marginally improve 0-60 time over a non LSD Fn2?

·
4,279 Posts
Marginally yes but only if you're struggling to get traction without the LSD. Wheel slip / hop = slower launch.

If both have complete traction I can't see an LSD helping in a straight line other than possibly allowing you to do the initial launch at a higher RPM without breaking traction.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts