2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the market for a standard EP3 (premier ed preferably) ive looked at a few now and im caught between two minds whether to go for a well looked after 100k miler or a lower mileage example.

I viewed a nice premier with 100k on clock with FSH that was on for around 5k. But im just worried that if i pay 4.5-5k for it, it may lose a lot of that value. I get that it will lose value regardless like most but i want to limit it to a point. It would be a a second car so i wouldnt rack up to many miles. Just fear it could be at the edge of a cliff depretiation wise.

Additionally i have Seen a few private Adverts for a few with about 60k miles for 6-6.5k just not sure if i should go down that route.

The one with 100k was very nice example and genuinely seemed like it had been looked after. Its just that all the online valuations (parkers) seem to be way less than the asking prices im seeing. Im well aware you 'get what you pay for' just dont want to get stung.

What do you guys reckon?

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
I bought an 06 plate Prem on 85k for just over 4 grand. I'm probably looking to change the clutch and chain in the next year so there's several hundred there extra to pay out. I use mine as a daily and don't get too hung up on mileage as I do about 12k a year. Got it to enjoy it. I think it'll be a bit of a classic in years to come. Plenty of cheap parts available too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought an 06 plate Prem on 85k for just over 4 grand. I'm probably looking to change the clutch and chain in the next year so there's several hundred there extra to pay out. I use mine as a daily and don't get too hung up on mileage as I do about 12k a year. Got it to enjoy it. I think it'll be a bit of a classic in years to come. Plenty of cheap parts available too.
Thanks for the response. If im honest high mileage doesnt bother me from a mechanical point of view at all, the whole reason im in the market for one is because they are fairly bullet proof if looked after its just that ive been stung in the past buying a car at the wrong time and lost a chunk. Its just that imo i think 5k might be too steep for 100k miles maybe 4.5k id feel better. But the premier editions seem to be holding strong in terms of value.

Suppose i may need to stump it up if i want a good one.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
I'd be looking at under 4 grand for a 100k plus, unless it has had it all done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts