2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Civinfoers:D

I am seriously thinking about doing a swap with my Citroen C1 for a EP3 from 2004 which is the facelift model, hope most of you know my story, and need your advice:D

It is quite a good deal for me money wise. Here is a link to the EP3 in question:

Honda Civic 2,0 Type-R - Brugt bil til salg på BilBasen.dk - Privat

What are the pros and cons for a EP3 opposed to the FN2 when not looking at the fact the EP3 is a lot cheaper? For one it has no aircon:(

What are the tuning options like? You need Kpro and not hondata right? So you need an experinced tuner to map it on a dyno and can´t do the Etune thing?

Would really just like to hear what you have to say about the EP3? It is a good alternative for me here in Denmark with the high taxes on a FN2.

Thanks guys

Regards

Rune

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I will drop a detailed reply later having had both.

The ep3 is more raw, I personally loved prefer the looks to the stmadard fn2 when looking at the side.

However the fn2 trumps it in terms of wider stance and refinements. I never had my fn2 standard, so can't really compare what it's like in that regard.

Would I go back to an ep3 now. No.

What's your budget? Fn2 really dropping in price.

Reactions: Madcaddies

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I owned an EP3 before i bought my FN2. Would i go back ? no. Unless it was for a track, if i couldn't afford an FN2 then yes i would buy an EP3, but if i had the choice then i would buy an FN2.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the taxes on cars in Denmark I would have to wait 6 months before being able to afford a 2007-2008 FN2 so the question can I wait that long:D

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Test drive the EP, I have had both and both are great cars but would I go back? No but if it was a C1 or EP3 then yes in a flash, problem with ep is it lacks the gadets and is not as grown up as a fn but still a great car. Have you tried a crz? I would guess this maybe cheaper on taxes and drives great and is respectable but not in the same league as a ctr but truth be known given the choice me and the wife would swap the fn for a crz in the morning if it was not for our son. The crz we had was like having ctr handling with semi decent performance but sewing machine running costs and turned more heads than any car we ever owned, even people with focus rs, mercs and bmws all knew my wife drove the crz and commented all the time to her how they liked her car.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys. Think I will pass on the EP3. My gut feeling is wrong so better keep my hands off it:D I am 34 years old so not a boy racer and I feel the FN2 offers a more refined experience.

I will just have to wait.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Would still test drive it, great car no doubt and no doubt the best sold Type R for Honda. Yes it lacks cruise control and the toys but on the right roads i would have this over the fn all day as its more of a drivers car but the fn is a better all round package. I guess it depends what type of roads you drive most and what you want to spend as the fn with cruise control is a lot better motorway package than a ep for example but you have nothing to loose with a test drive.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would still test drive it, great car no doubt and no doubt the best sold Type R for Honda. Yes it lacks cruise control and the toys but on the right roads i would have this over the fn all day as its more of a drivers car but the fn is a better all round package. I guess it depends what type of roads you drive most and what you want to spend as the fn with cruise control is a lot better motorway package than a ep for example but you have nothing to loose with a test drive.
You are absolutely right about me not having anything to loose on a test drive but the car is 300km away from where I live:(

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ouch I would find one closer to test drive or not bother, 300km in a sewing machine / C1 is a long drive:)
You are so right mate and that is probably why it is impossible for me to stick to my original plan and keep the C1 for a year that it is absolute **** to drive:facepalm: I need that passion back in my life you know:D

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
We bought the fn2 without either of us ever driving a fn shape civic at all, thing is it is a R and that was all we needed to know on how it drove after we had the EP3 years earlier. If you can live without cruise control and dont spend hours on motorways every week then I guess you will like the EP a lot, you may prefer a fn but as you dont drive the two cars back to back the difference will be more in the looks and gadets as everything else you forget about. I guess you have to do what feels right and is afordable but if a EP works out vey afordable where as a fn is tight on budget you have a choice of a great car but no spare cash or a older great car and money in my wallet.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Ep3 is a great car, much better than a Citroen c1, so its always going to be an upgrade, obviously fn2 is just natural progression but if its between an ep3 and a c1 then ep3 all the way. It's a very raw machine, great handling, superb sound and feel, bit dated and tacky inside compared with an fn2 but still a great, great car.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
£17,000 for a ep3? Wow, that's pretty damn expensive
Yep you have to add 180% tax on cars in Denmark when they get registered on danish plates from new so it kinda makes cars here ridiculously expensive:facepalm:

I have got the price down to 12300 pounds including my **** C1:D

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 65 Posts