2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before you jump down my throat... I've searched for EP3 Wheels, EP3 Alloys but both searches omit "ep3" because it's too short or common.

so

Will the old type r wheels from an EP3 fit on a 56 plate 5 door 2.2 derv? I've got the chance of buying a set of 4, in need of a dire refurb and without tyres, so I'm pushing for a good price, but I cant offer anything until I'm sure they'll fit on my car.

Thanks in advance (please be kind, i'm guessing it's a common question)

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
yes they will mate and if i find the thread ill post it up

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Reactions: chrisbrit81

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate, I can go back to my mate now and see what he'll think of my £100 offer :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Hi Mate,

That`s my Type S in the link, they fit no bother, they even stick out about 10mm more and fills the arches better.

I can feel a difference in the steering, possibly down to the weight reduction and the wider track.

I could have got the wheels alone for £80 but they were needing refurbed badly.

As the bloke said he would get them done for me I thought I got a good deal at £250.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mate,

That`s my Type S in the link, they fit no bother, they even stick out about 10mm more and fills the arches better.

I can feel a difference in the steering, possibly down to the weight reduction and the wider track.

I could have got the wheels alone for £80 but they were needing refurbed badly.

As the bloke said he would get them done for me I thought I got a good deal at £250.
That was a good deal, hopefully I can get as good a deal. Gonna cost me 55 per wheel for the refurb, plus 4 tyres. Not gonna give him more than 100

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size tyres did you fit?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I just swapped the tyres over from the original wheels, 225/45 R 17.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 conflicting answers, hmmm...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts