2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

A few mornings ago i got in my car and turned the car on pretty quick, the EPS light stayed on and i got a beep + warning light on the center console with the EPS light. The steering wouldnt turn. I turned the engine off then back on and all was normal.

It's never happened before and not happened since. Is this a sign of something starting to go (EPS Control unit maybe? )

If so - how much would this cost, is it a DIY job? Or should i trade the car in now!!

:police:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Hiya buddy,
Ive just had my warning light come on this morning.
Have you managed to fix yours?
Also did you find out any information on how to change the EPS as im struggling to find any.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya buddy,
Also did you find out any information on how to change the EPS as im struggling to find any.
Cheers.
Hi mate,

Don't think it is a DIY job from what i have read, but hopfuly i am wrong!

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hiya buddy,
Cheers.
there is a honda software update i do believe,, also if your tracking is out and your steering wheel is not in the straight ahead position when driving in a straight line this will also give warning, as ecu gets confused it thinks the car is sliding sideways when its not,, without a really good eobd scan system diagnosing these things are pretty much impossible,,

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,142 Posts
Make sure the battery is in good condition. If the voltage is low on or just after startup, it canmake the warning symbol illuminate.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine come on again after work, same again, turned engine in and off and all was fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought mine a few days ago and the car was stop since last september. And same happen. probably the battery inst good i blug in the obd2 in the car and afther that the symbol on the dash disapeare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts