2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a letter today telling me that my Civic has been recalled due to a potential safety concern about the EPS (Electrical Power Steering). This can result in a loss of power steering.

They are also going to carry out a PUD, product update relating to the rear dampers and potential operating noise.

Just as I was about to take a weekend trip to the West Country as well!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Get it booked in for next week then. If you have not got noisy shockers, you shouldn't have any problem. Just pray the power steering does not fail on you, though!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I received this letter also and have my car booked in for Monday at 10am. I was told that it will take about 50 minutes as they only check to see if you have the problem and then you have to book it back in to have the work done as the parts are not held at the dealer.

Concerning the rear dampers, is this the same as the knocking coming from the shock absorbers? I know nothing about cars so this could be a stupid question.

I had my shocks replaced months ago, and still get the odd knock and other weird noises, is that what they are checking for??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information about the process
Dampers and shock absorbers are interchangeable terms. I don't get any untoward noises from mine at the moment, so hopefully they won't need replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts