2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! This is my first post - I've been lurking for a while. I've had a search on the forum and google and I cant find anything for this...

I have 56 plate 2.2 Type S GT. I've had it for a couple of years and all has been fine, recently however the wipers have started playing up.

When I press the wiper lever up to do one wipe it will just keep going and going and then the wipers randomly stop in the middle of the windshield. I then have to press the lever up again a couple of times until they finally decide to stop at the bottom of the windshield where they belong!

I'm not sure if there's a time or circumstance where this happens more often, but I think it occurs more when the car is cold.

It also occurs when its in auto mode.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, has anyone seen this before?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Hi All! This is my first post - I've been lurking for a while. I've had a search on the forum and google and I cant find anything for this...

I have 56 plate 2.2 Type S GT. I've had it for a couple of years and all has been fine, recently however the wipers have started playing up.

When I press the wiper lever up to do one wipe it will just keep going and going and then the wipers randomly stop in the middle of the windshield. I then have to press the lever up again a couple of times until they finally decide to stop at the bottom of the windshield where they belong!

I'm not sure if there's a time or circumstance where this happens more often, but I think it occurs more when the car is cold.

It also occurs when its in auto mode.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, has anyone seen this before?

Cheers!
There are plenty of threads about this and similar problems, this is one of the better ones as it gives a fix linky. Otherwise it is a new wiper motor needed.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
there is an how to - so you can clean the motor and around it . ill see if i can find it now otherwise it is a new motor which can cost (if you dont do it yourself)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! obviously I need to work on my search skills!

Does anyone know how much a new motor is? I'm not the most mechanically minded person...

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
One went on here the other day ill have a look now

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks James, looks like to buy new its closer £220! I will have to keep my eyes open! thanks for the help all :)

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
No probs if i see anything ill pop on the thread :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts